1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cynder, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Cynder

Hi guys, so I was talking with my friend the other day, and he was talking about his boyfriend and said they met online. I have thout about online dating before, but I really don't know any good sites, and I don't know how they work. I was wondering if any of you have ever met a SO online, how/where, and how did it work out? Thanks!

2. i met my ex online we lasted for a year. ended up living 3 hours away but we made it work, you cant do online dating yet though as they are for 18+ im afraid and sites cant be named due to rules

3. kdrizzle11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me and my current boyfriend met online. Being a gay man busy with full time employment and full time schooling, makes it hard to meet new people "conventionally." We met on a site who's named is based on a little cherub of love. :wink: - Just try it out and see how it works for you. Nothing to lose, all the gain! Good luck!

4. Momosboy

Chat rooms of common interest. Often, it's bad, but if you exchange emails and ask for a unique picture (of your choice), you can snag a great catch

5. penguin machine

For reference, I made a blog post about tips on how to use a dating site. But Fly is right, you generally need to be 18

6. LD579

It's not like any of us here can control what the thread creator does... but if he does go that route, he better be very, very, very careful. I honestly suggest against this idea, if only because the risk is too great for someone underage. There are people out there who excel at coercing others into doing things... and online ambiguity and ideal projections onto tentative 'facts' don't add up to something I'd condone for anyone still majorly growing.

Maybe in a few years, yes, online dating could be an option. For now, though, if there are any in-person meet up groups for teens, those may be a better and more satisfying option. You can meet likeminded people and make friends and acquaintances, and that goes a much longer way in if you were to try to find a date, as people know people, and so on.