1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Roads

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CollegeStudent, Sep 30, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Two Roads

There's a guy that I'm particularly interested in meeting. From what I hear from his friends, we're compatible in many ways. Based off what I've heard, I have to say it's also quite a reasonable possibility.

I'm helping to plan a party with a friend that's supposed to happen the Friday after next. This guy is going to be invited. He'll more than most likely attend.

I'm not sure if he's gay or not. My intuition is telling me that he is based off of many factors. Although stereotypical, he's into drama/theater, nursing, hangs out with mostly women, hasn't had a "girlfriend" since the eighth grade, and the most damning is a rumor that he came out to his best friend two or three years ago.

I had my friend reach out to his best friend. At first she firmly denied he was gay. She was adamant that "all of his gay friends think he's straight". However, things changed when my friend said it was me that was interested and asking (as opposed to someone being nosey). She changed her story to "Hmmm, I'm not really sure about him." That's a drastically different answer, wouldn't you say? My friend also said it might be in my best interest to contact his best friend directly.

I'm not sure as I was always told the best form of communication occurs between two people.

I have two roads I could take:

1) Meet him at the party and try to feel it out (without really embarrassing myself by hitting on a potentially straight guy) or;
    2) Call his best friend and hope that she's honest enough with me to be forthcoming about the truth.

P.S - She's aware that I've been interested in him for some time now. She has decided against disclosing that information to him and I respect her for that. It seems like we're both honest people?

:help:

2. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    2) I would call her. If you do take the effort to learn his sexuality before time and hint to her that you are interested. you will be able to tell him you are gay before hand therefore eliminating the chance that he might think you are making fun of him and if he isn't gay then you save yourself the potential embarrassment and public outing.

3. Silver Sparrow

Combination! Call her and go to the party, if it doesn't work out you can always dance.