1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formal date idea!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 143kc, Sep 30, 2013.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, I am a lesbian, and I do not have many guy friends. I would go to formal with a girl, but my moms heart would be broken (she still doesn't believe that I'm gay). Today in chem one of my lab partners (for the year) casually mentioned that he was gay.... And I know that he doesn't know too many girls. How weird would it be to ask him (say around Christmas... Once I get to know him a bit better), to go to formal with me? I am slowly coming out, so by then most people will know I am gay.... I see it as a "win win" situation, we both get a formal date of the opposite gender (who we get along with), yet will not be leading another person "on", who we will never be able to love. I get along with him great, but just don't know him too well yet. I just remember that for homecoming and middle school dances he has always gone with his group of friends (guys) and no girls. We have a hell of a lot in common, and I know that I would have a great time with him at the dance.

Opinions please! Thanks!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you both certainly seem to have chemistry...lab...

I think it's absolutely fabulous! :grin: And definitely win-win, besides, it will confuse the hell out of everyone you came out to! (bonus)

3. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hahaha that would be the plan! Some of my friends did gay-on gay formal dates last year! Haha ( a lesbian couple each went with a gay guy! Haha)