1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a thing?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gregarity, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Gregarity

I've been finding this delightful trend of people in my age group getting together and seeming fine but when they break up it's like seriously dramatic and aggressive?

Because I'd seriously love to find a guy to mack on and snuggle with and shit, but if this is what I have to look forward to is it even worth it? Is absolutely hating your ex such a common thing?? Like what happened to going back to being friends?

I dunno. It's not like I have large chances of finding anyone until college since I'm homeschooled and sorta prejudiced against most guys, but still I wanted to make sure this common theme of the exes hating each other is a thing because I don't wanna deal with that sort of drama.

2. Californiacoast

The hate the ex thing is very individualized and a function of maturity and circumstance. We tend to have stronger feelings when we are younger, thus drama and hurt feelings. This continues as we mature, but hopefully we learn to put the past behind us and be friends again. I wouldn't let the fear of drama keep you from seeking authentic relationship!

3. Split Arrows

^^This

When I was in high school, I would say the most awful things you could imagine about my ex. But I can't think of a relationship I've had in the last 5 years that we weren't able to be at least friendly with each other. I think much of this is because when you are in the middle of the hormonal changes that come with puberty, you feel everything so intensely and the pain of a breakup often manifests as anger.

However, never let the fear of what might go wrong keep you from experiencing the thrill of when it goes right!

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It usually depends on how mature the people are about it. Some people are still best friends with their exes today, while some never speak to each other and loathe the other. Me and my ex are on good terms right now. They could be better, but I think he just needs some time to himself.