1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make friends with a guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rasengan, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys. I'm currently in high school and don't really have many friends so i'm trying to make a few more then the 5 that i already have. There's this guy in my Speech and Debate class, lets call him C. C is a senior and i am a sophomore so why would he want to be friends with me right? I do actually have a crush on him. He is amazing and well i just want to be friends with him before anything. First term is up in a few weeks so i wont have any classes with him for the rest of the year so i really want to at least talk to him a few times so we can be considered friends or even acquaintances. I added him as a friend on Facebook and he accepted almost immediately and right after liked my profile picture and my last status so that made me happy :slight_smile: he also makes allot of eye contact with me and that makes me feel great even though we have never spoken a single word to each other. I just don't know how to talk to him or approach him or anything. I see him walking alone every morning before first bell so i was maybe thinking about asking him if he wanted to walk with me and my friend lets call her L. L is actually friends with C so it wouldn't be completely awkward. L knows i have a crush on C so she might be able to help. Any advice? How can i become friends with C? Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Joey4

I'd say let L be the go-between. When she's hanging out with C, hang out with her. Then it's up to you to make small talk.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but ultimately find times when you can be alone with him. Even with your friend L, he may be less comfortable being himself with you, if he likes you and is shy.

4. Californiacoast

I have always built friendships by asking questions and trying to be an active listener. If he is a senior, thoughts might be on college, so ask about those plans, it will also make him feel older. Is he into sports? Video games? Etc. Try to find common ground. Steelers or Eagles? Get tha picture?

5. ianm

ianm Guest

My adive is to try and talk to him throw fb if you dont already do that. If you do then maybe you could wright him a letter saying your to shy to say hello and you would like to be friends, but dont make the letter sound like you like him iv done that before and im a juner it was alfew. maybe L can help you with the letter or talking to him. I wish you luck my friend and also keep us updated please.