1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost, hopeless

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by boysoverflowers, Oct 1, 2013.

1. boysoverflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    okay... so i'm 22 now, still in college finishing my degree... never been in a relationship, have tried everything,forums, chatting, even flirting with complete strangers! but still nothing. i made myself look as handsome as i can, but still nothing. i wonder why. i feel very depressed. i know i'm not that ugly, i'm not that handsome either. just, no one wants me. my friends, they told me to just be patient, but i don't think it applies to me. i should make the first move or else nothing will happen...

i have accepted the fact that maybe i can't be with someone... but it hurts... knowing there's couples out there, whatever the orientation is... and i'm always tempted. i ignore guys even though some of them are like me, i don't flirt for maybe a month or two, then right after that i succumb again. i feel so hopeless... if only i could turn off romantic love in my heart, i would do so. i feel content even if in the future i won't be having a partner, i just need to have a baby as my son/daughter. the only thing is, i can't stop it. i can't make myself not get attracted to guys. it hurts. :icon_sad:

we're quite okay in my family. of course, i still have constant fights with my parents/siblings, but i love them, and they still love me. nothing too much to stress about. i just am so worrying what will happen to me. :tears:

i don't really know what's wrong with me. one of my friends told me, because i'm ugly. so i tried very hard to change. but still nothing, like i said above. that said, i don't think it depends on looks, really.

i just want someone, who i can proudly call as my boyfriend.

2. Californiacoast

I firmly believe there is someone for everyone! Maybe more than one, lol. When the time is right it will happen. In the mean time, practice being the kind of person you would find worthy of dating. Integrity, character, giving heart, good listener etc.

3. UIOP

Unfortunately, your friends are kinda correct - you have to be very patient. Sometimes, it takes a while to find someone who you can properly connect with and who you share mutual attraction with. But don't give up! If you have an opportunity to meet new people or to flirt with someone a bit, then feel free to do so if you want to.

You're right to take initiative, but perhaps avoiding guys completely for a few months is not such a great idea? I'm saying that because a guy I used to like tried avoiding me for a month or so and I kind of lost interest in him (that sounds harsh but you know what I mean). Instead, just be yourself and one day, you will meet someone. Eventually...

Sorry for the long answer but one last thing. If you feel ugly, people will see you as ugly. Walk with your shoulders back, your head up and your back straight (rather than stooping forwards or looking down as you walk). And try to make eye contact with people when you are speaking to them. This will make you look a lot more confident - and people will notice this. Even if you don't feel like it is true, tell yourself that you are handsome and that you can get any guy you want. You've obviously a very caring person so anyone would be lucky to have you as their boyfriend.

4. boysoverflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

i hope i'd be with him sooner rather than later. lol.
    oh yeah, i've already done what you have said in the past and still continuing to do it, the walking thing, and i don't see myself as ugly, it's just what they call me. :slight_smile:

5. Skyline

I can relate to you on so many levels. I'm 20 and I've only been on a date a handful of times, and I've never really been in a serious relationship (I couldn't keep dating the two girls I did go out with, they weren't a good match for me).
    I don't have the problem of being attracted to the same sex. I imagine that would make it even harder... but I do have the problem of never being successful with flirting or chatting online. It's maddening. And then when I think I might try harder with someone, they go and get a boyfriend.
    I don't have a lot of luck or even skill in this matter, but I won't give up. Both my parents didn't get into serious relationships until their mid-to-late 20s, therefore so far I'm still doing better than them.