1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin - is my new boyfriend rushing things?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CBSLDN, Oct 2, 2013.

1. CBSLDN

CBSLDN Guest

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section to post this. If not, please let me know and I'll move it.

I went on a date last week with a guy I met online. Things went really well and we arranged to go for a meal together tonight, but he cancelled. We've also been text chatting quite a lot, and he mentioned going clubbing on Friday, with the possibility of heading back to his place after, which he still wants to do.

He knows that I'm a virgin and he seems cool with it (he guessed after we kissed). Partly because of this, I was reluctant to agree to go back to his in advance after only seeing him once. I decided I'd have more of an idea of the right thing to do after a second date, but as it got cancelled, I'm not going to get that chance before Friday. I feel that if I do go out on Friday, it will be too hard for me to get back to my place that late at night, which is why I want to know before-hand what I'm going to do.

Do you think I would be rushing into things by going back to his on Friday? I am attracted to him and he seems really nice, but I'm scared that things will go badly if I rush into this. Am I just being overly sensitive?

CBSLDN

2. robotman

Well, you can go back to his house but I would just suggest that you make sure you don't have sex with him... I mean personally for me I would feel like it was rushing it abit especially since he cancelled on you recently... Do what makes you feel comfortable but for him to tell that you were a "virgin" by kissing you suggests that he has been around abit... I would say don't sleep with him/go around his place but still go out with him on Friday... I hope you have fun and it goes well!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with robotman, losing virginity is a big deal, and there should be something deeper between you than one date, even though it went well, it takes time to really know someone. So what's the rush!