1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noir, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Noir

I would love any thoughts, comments, or advice that you could give me! :slight_smile:

I've already written a long, long, agonizing post that's buried in EC's depths somewhere about a girl I've come to know and perhaps love since last spring. She is absolutely wonderful in my eyes and as frustrating as it is, I think what I'm looking for in a partner. Before, the big problem was that she was in a loveless (on her part) relationship with a guy she met in China, but he has since ended it with her (obviously, to my relief!!). I know she isn't good at commitment in relationships, and she's struggling with her sexuality and gender identity at the moment, but as we spend more time together we're finding that we just understand one another and go together really well. I feel a stronger connection with her than I have with anyone in my whole life, and I can talk about ANYTHING without worrying about what she might think of me because she will try to understand. She appreciates how easily I'm able to understand her thoughts and feelings, and is tickled what a good audience I am when listening to her. We've found over the past few months that we might click in our minds, hearts, and possibly even bodies, but we're still developing our friendship and I don't want to pressure anything.

So the NEW dilemma is this: I think I MIGHT have a slim chance of winning her heart, but I'm on a one year deadline--she's a year older than me, and next year she will be attending school abroad in Japan to finish college.

Is it worth it? I feel like I'm putting everything on the line, and it would be terrible to win her only to lose her, but I feel like I just can't go through life without knowing I gave it my best try! So...is it? :confused:

2. Nick07

Hi,
    I haven't read your previous post, but from this one... I feel like knowing that she will be gone for some time is the reason why you want to make the move. Do you feel like being a good friends is suddenly not enough? If she doesn't like commitment, is not sure about her sexuality and gender and she is about to leave...
    You didn't mention you loved her or she loved you. You know 'It crushes me that she is going to leave. I can't imagine my life without her' type of thing.

3. Noir

Thanks for the reply!

On the contrary, I was actually thinking about it earlier before I found out about the Chinese guy she had been in a relationship with. I knew pretty much as soon as I met her that she would be in Japan for her last year, too. I'm just more hesitant now because it's starting to dawn on me that this is technically my last year with her, and I might not see her again--which sucks because I'm just getting more and more attracted to her...I guess I'm in the process of falling in love with her, but it's such a new feeling I just don't know what to call it yet. I'm so happy just being with her and it is going to feel very empty when she's gone. :icon_sad: I don't know how she feels about me yet, but she's implied that she's attracted to me and I'm someone very special to her.

4. lovebff

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    oh dear.. i'm kinda having same situation here.. my friend is also leaving in 2 months :frowning2: and then i'm not gonna see her again. I'm also feeling same that if I go for it and she is already
    in love with her EX but she kissed me and when i'm alone with her it feels likes she is wanna kiss me and she stops herself. i'm all confused should i tell that i wanna kiss you too . well now i'm thinking that we should go for it atleast we should give a try then it wouldn't be regret for us that what if I have tried so give it chance may be it is worth and just listen to your heart it knows better because you know your friend better than us :slight_smile: best of luck

5. biggayguy

You will always wonder about what might have been if you don't pursue her. You might have a love that can survive from a long distance. Sure, there is risk of being hurt. You can't love someone without taking that risk. So... is it worth it? That's for you to decide.

6. Noir

Oh no! It's really rough, isn't it?

I wish you the best of luck, too!!

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2013 at 03:09 PM ----------

Thank you :slight_smile: I really don't know yet, but I'm definitely willing to give it a try! Sometimes the most frustrating thing is those days when it seems like you have no chance but at the same time you're almost there. But I really do want to know! ><