1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i tell him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thedudeabides, Oct 3, 2013.

1. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looking for advice, I'm another one of those in love with their best friend people. I have known G since I was a child(I am 25) and we are great friends, we are also roommates and work at the same place. We are like brothers and up until year a go I had no feelings for him other than being great friends. Now i am very much in love with him! He's adorable for one thing and has been nothing but great to me. I came out as bisexual to him a few months ago and he was very supportive told me it changed nothing and even said he loved me. As far as I know he's straight, he's had one long term relationship and a couple flings but as of now he's been single for 3 years. The only thing that makes me wonder about this is that he is gorgeous I've had so many woman come up to me and ask about him and weather or not he's available it's not even funny. He's acted on none of them. For my sake though i'm going to assume he's straight.

Do I let him know my true feelings? I have had a pretty much a life long friendship with him not to mention living and working with with him. I don't want to screw this up. I do have feeling though that he might like me back could be just nonsense but even our other friends joke about it (they don't know i'm bi). I just don't know. The one thing I know for sure is I would do just about anything for him, this guy has let me cry on his shoulder and has been with me through my worst moments and my best I think about him all the time. I want to either stop myself from loving him or maybe ill just have to get myself as far away from him as i can, but i don't want to hurt him.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you've come out, he should not be surprised that you might have feelings for him. Therefore, you could try to tell him (in hopefully not a very emotional way) and still say you want to continue being friends with him no matter what. You might explain when you started thinking like this so he doesn't get confused that you have always thought this way about him.

It doesn't even really take asking him if he likes you back since you have already put your trust in him, so there is little reason for him to lie. That said, it may take him a while to digest this, just like it took you, and gather his thoughts on how he feels about you. Of course, if he does say he's straight or not into you, then you need to accept his words at face value and try to go back to thinking of him as just a good friend.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah,
    I'm sure he's not going to respond badly if you tell him how you feel. Especially given how supportive he was when you came out

4. LILuke

I agree with WhiteShadows, I think that if nothing else he may just be flattered that you feel that way.

5. Werbinich

Given the firm friendship you have with him over the years, its not going to waver just because of that. I have a great friend I have know for only a year and happen to have developed a crush on. I had told him that I am gay only last month and he just simply said that it was quite clear to him that I like him. We remained great friends and he is very supportive when it comes to me being gay. Binds are stronger than you think.

6. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Planning on telling him soon, just have to figure out the best way. I really just need to stop the feelings I'm having to all this and me knowing that he doesn't have feelings for me would at least help me move on. I still am going to be best friend just hopefully minus the romantic feelings. This is the first real person I've fallen for and it's driving me crazy. And hell in the off chance he returns the feelings even better right.