1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a lesbian and I like my straight best female friend..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LeahJay, Oct 4, 2013.

1. LeahJay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In all honesty the thread title pretty much says it all; I'm a lesbian and I have feelings for my best friend. I'm so confused and disappointed in myself for gaining romantic feelings for her, but it's just so natural to fall for your best friend because they're exactly that, the best, closest friend you have and one of the people you're bound to share everything with (from common interests to your deepest, darkest secrets).

Anyway, back to my particular situation. I wouldn't be so confused and somewhat self-conscious if I was positive that my best friend was straight, because I could resolve myself to having a temporary unrequited crush and then force myself to get over it, but things have happened that make me think that she's questioning her sexuality. To be frank the things that have happened are extended eye contact, extra hugs, jokes about us acting like a couple, jokes about us looking like a couple, her repeatedly commenting on my boobs, and her always asking how my love life is while she claims to not being someone that anyone would like. Which is bullshit because I definitely like her and dream about her a lot!

If anyone has anything to say or any suggestions for what I should do (i.e. forget it, tell her I like her, etc.) please tell me!! :icon_bigg

Thanks

2. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, I totally understand being a lesbian and having the biggest ever crush on your best friend. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I've been in love with two of my best friends over the years! Haha... Both of these besties were very affectionate towards me and would tell me they loved me and we would cuddle and hold hands and touch each others' boobs and stuff - but you have to realise and remember that this behavior is just common between close female friends and about 90% of the time means nothing more than the fact that they're comfortable with you and you mean a lot to them (in a platonic way).

My current best friend, who I used to like a lot a few years ago, would pretend that we were married and playfully flirt with me in a friendly way. I came out to her in senior year and she was fine with it, and continued to be very close to me - ask me to spoon her when we shared a bed, stroke my legs and touch my boobs and ask me to touch hers and all that stuff. It would definitely seem as if she liked me, but as I said, when girls are very close they just kinda do things like that without it meaning tha they want to date you or have sex with you or anything. Haha

I never told any of my straight crushes that I liked them. Instead, I just waited until the crush passed or until I met a lesbian in order to prevent the risk of maybe making the friendship awkward. I would suggest for you to keep these feelings to yourself - it may not seem like it, but they will pass with time and you'll find it's quite normal to have feelings for someone so close to you. Unless of course she reveals that she likes girls, then go for gold! Haha

Good luck hun :slight_smile:

3. DrkRayne

Oh yeah...been there. Twice.

Um...like the previous poster, I suggest keeping it to yourself at this point. If she knows your sexuality, she will say something. Don't tell her as it could ruin your friendship, which you don't want.

I did tell one of my friends, and I'm glad she was so open minded that it didnt ruin us, but for some it could. She didnt feel the same, and it hurt, but hey...were still friends to this day which I'm happy about.
    Female friends are naturally touchy feely, giggly, tickle-ly, its what makes it sooo hard for us lady-lovin-ladies.
    I've been there and it takes time to get over those straight female crushes.I feel for you.
    Good luck!

4. fortheloveoflez

You might be one of the lucky few who gets the girl. From my experience though, friendships with straight girls can some times look romantic or even sexual even though the other girl involved will ultimately deny that anything happened and then give you a long lecture about "how straight" she is. I never understood it. I never understood how anyone who's just friends with someone would always try to hold hands, flirt and even kiss someone else who's just "their friends". But, unfortunately, these mixed signals happen a lot with straight girls. So keep your eyes peeled.

I'd say that if you are already at the "I'm in love there's no turning back" point. The only option is to tell her how you feel. You might be surprised. You might get disappointed. At this rate you don't know. I'd suggest for you to first "test the waters". Mention a couple lesbian things....like Ellen Degeneres and her wife (are they still together?) and see how the girl responds.

Be prepared to lose the friendship though.
    I think that if you are really super in love with her...it'll just get worse in time and your chances of getting over her quickly will fade away. So, in that case, it's better to tell her sooner than later just so you could move on if she says no. I'm speaking from experience my dear.
    Best of luck!
    You have my support!
    Hug

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2013 at 12:01 PM ----------

It baffles me how GAY "straight" girls are. You touch each other's boobs, what the hell? :***:

I just don't get it....you don't see me yanking on guy's dicks so why do "straight" girls go all lesbo on other girls.......

5. LeahJay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences, it actually has helped heaps!

I'm so happy I found this site, if not for the alarming satisfaction that straight girls do in fact act like I described. Even if it does send mixed signals and sometimes hurt.

Thanks again! (*hug*)

6. BiPenguin

When I was in high school, I had a neighbour a few houses down from me who moved in during our first year of high school. We went to different high schools but we got along well. He's very straight though and I really had the hots for him. Lasted for what felt like forever until my feelings knew that they would not be reciprocated. An awful thing but sadly, that's life.

Since your friend is straight, I suggest trying to keep your friendship as good friends. If you find that you really cannot cope with that, you may have to distance yourself from her.