1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to meet more boys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WhiteShadows, Oct 4, 2013.

1. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey

So I'm 17 as of a few months ago, and I've lost my best friend who I loved more than I can even express in words... and I'm really lonely...

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for meeting more guys my age? I've gone to an lgbt thing, which was pretty cool but there weren't that many people there. I'm finishing school soon, and I'm worried because I think I'm running out of time to meet somebody :frowning2:

#1 WhiteShadows, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. hichat

You're still young... Take it easy, you'll find one soon. I also think the same way as you did but I just have to relax.

3. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    running out of time to meet someone at age 17?

Please explain.

I understand that you are lonely but your expectations are rather high...unrealistic...just keep going to the lgbt thing and make friends.

4. GayTornado

Aww first of all, you need a hug. (&&&)
    That's all I have, sorry :frowning2:

5. Pocky

Awww (*hug*) It is a little bit heart-breaking reading this just now. I'm really sorry to hear you lost your best friend.

It's good you went to that place though. There wasn't many people when I went and I got a bit worried (I'm kinda in your situation), but they were saying that it fluctuates all the time.

I know how much it feels like you're running out of time, it's hard to change that feeling no matter what I (or anyone else says). But there's so much more stuff out of school where you can find friends. Whether it be uni/tafe, work, share house, some sort of general group/club. Just keep at it dude :slight_smile:

6. penguin machine

A good idea is to pick up a hobby. Try something you've always wanted to try, like a specific martial art, a cooking class, sculpting, anything, and I promise you'll meet people. The ice is already broken because you're there for the same thing. heck, sometimes your shared interests come up. ie. My buddy got into kendo and made a bunch of friends who love table-top gaming and anime, just like him. Sometimes interests and hobbies go hand in hand :slight_smile: