1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ItAintJustMiMi, Oct 4, 2013.

1. ItAintJustMiMi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'm in my last quarter as a sophomore in college and I'm taking a psychology course. This class is with mostly people I've never met (except 3). So we played a fun name game so we could all get to know each other. I basically forgot everything right away.

The next day, I get a Facebook request from a girl in my class. I didn't remember her at first. But I immediately thought she was really cute. We had been playfully chit-chatting for a day. And now we basically started flirting a little.

Now, I like her. But I'm always letting my mind get ahead of me. I think a lot about the what ifs. "What if she's not really flirting" "what if I end up not really having feelings" "what if it moves too fast" "what happens when I have to disclose my sti status" "how would that affect the relationship"

This is all very new for me. And even though I identify as bisexual, it's not really even. I have more sexual and romantic feelings toward men than I do women. And I tend to feel more romantic feelings than sexual toward women. So I guess I'm a little toward the straight end if bisexuality was in the middle of a spectrum.

Any ideas, suggestions or advice on how to stop worrying and see how it works out? I've always been the type to see relationships in the light of "me dating you means that I possibly see you in my future". I'm not a fling person. I don't do open relationships or "friends with benefits".

But I want to stop thinking in terms of forever, just for right now. :eusa_doh::rolle::icon_redf

2. ChloeAllison

Wow. So you just described my life. My advice (although I am on no grounds to give advice) is that you just breath, have some sort of it will all work out catchphrase and then just see what happens. These questions flew through my head like crazy when I first fell for my best friend. The thing I know if I hadn't taken it slow, took time to just stop thinking and hang out with her, I wouldn't have known all the things about her that it is necessary to know when you actually fall for someone.

My story ends with her being straight but being my closest friend and the only one that knows I am Bi. Basically get to know her enough that no matter what the story has a happy end. (*hug*)