1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandma in the ER

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by twospiritlycan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Where should I begin?

Well, I love my grandmother, in fact my close family loves her very much. We'd take care of her dearly and kindly. Despite this, she still doesn't like us and complained too much about how we are.

My grandmother is very traditional in the sense. She was raised with the ideas that women shouldn't be like men. She was raised to distrust a lot of others who weren't Native American. I can understand that, a lot of crap has happened to native americans. Over time, I looked beyond races and instead focused on personalities and being friendly more than just judging people. Other than those two traits, she was still kind.

She was very harsh in her words sometimes, and as she got older, her craziness became more noticable. We were told that she could possibly get alzheimer's. I was worried about receiving that news. I saw her cry for me when I left home for the military.

The next time I saw her after that, she was in the hospital, recovering from something and I don't know what that was. That was two years ago.

Now, just this week, she was back in the ER. My mom is worried about her, and so am I. She is trying to recover, but I don't know what's wrong. My mom worries about her when she is with her sisters, my aunts, because they take their disability paychecks. We're worried for the fact that she might not make it.

I feel a little down because of this. I'm not sure about myself if she dies or not. I never experienced having a grandparent die, and that is a possibility.

2. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aloha, 2spirit

No one can predict or know what will happen, but you love your grandmother so show her your love by spending time with her in the hospital. Talk to her. Listen to her. Try not to make any judgments. And tell her you love her. Take your time with her and cherish it.

I hope your grandmother gets better. And I wish you the strength to help you get through this difficult time.

With aloha,
    Milan