1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop myself getting emotionally invested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tryhtwfr, Oct 4, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

Recently, there has been a boy that has constantly been giving me eye contact and I know what type of eye contact it is but I don't want to act upon it. I don't know anything about his sexuality but from what I know so far I can safely assume he may be bisexual or gay. However, I talked to my friend about it and she told me 'don't overwork yourself and I'm not saying go and pursue him but just act like it's a bit fun'. Right now I'm more focused on my education but ever since I mentioned him to my friend I see him everywhere constantly looking at me. He's a 10 and a massive cutie but I don't know how I can avoid the situation so I can stop being so distracted by him (He's one year older).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Monkeyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww your post is sweet. However one thing you should know is it's very difficult to control your emotions and who your attracted to.

The only way to sort this situation out is to let him know your just not interested (in a nice caring way, not get lost!) then leave him drift away.
    If you do like him then why not hang out together and see what happens? The problem with life is no one can predict the future or how things will turn out, there's always risk involved.

So see what happens or move on but please remember rejection is never nice no matter what the circumstances. good luck