1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for crush!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wiiluigi1998, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Hello. I currently have a very confusing crush over here, and I'm desperate for help. The story goes like this.
    This is a friend i made last year. I was never really best friends with him, just friends, but ever since the beginning of school, my thoughts for him completely switched.
    I'm crushing very hard on him. I blush from everything he says, and he just gives me these signs, but I'm just way too shy to ask.
    One of the signs would be back-rubs. Occasionally, he'll give me back rubs, and ask if I don't mind. I say "I don't care." all the time. Another thing would be what he asks me. He tends to ask me if I like sitting next to him, and if he thinks I find him funny. And the other thing would be how touchy-feely he is with my in general. I'm very shy when it comes to physical contact, so I just make my legs touchs his, not crossing, just touching. He has another friend who he usually like poke and stuff, but my crush tends to touch my hair, and sometimes he'll tickle me. My gaydar is going overboard, but I'm just really afraid that he just likes to mess with me, and a total relationship collapse will occur. This is a very confusing situation for me an I would HIGHLY appreciate any available advice.

2. Werbinich

Ask in a jokingly way next time he toys with you: "do you happen to have the hots for me??"

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should offer rub his back and see how he reacts.:icon_bigg

4. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try playfully flirting a little and see how he reacts. If he seems 'weirded-out' then you can probably assume he doesn't like you (in that way). If he flirts back though.. then there's a big chance he's into you. If all else fails however, maybe just ask him if he likes you or not. If he reacts badly then you can just pass the whole thing off as a joke. That's what I've done in the past and it's worked pretty well :wink:

5. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    If I was in that situation, I would try to act the same with that other person in the same way. Ask them if it's okay to rub their back. Does he randomly touch your hair? Do it one day to him and see how he reacts.

6. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

I'm way to nervous to go rub his back. That probably sounds really stupid, but that's a really risky thing to do IMO. I flirted to him, subtle flirts, like its fun sitting next to you, and I like ( something he does or did ) stuff like that. Sorry for all the weird mistakes, I'm typing all of this on my Ipod.

7. LILuke

How did he respond when you said that?

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Say something more than "I don't care" when he offers a back rub.

9. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

@LILuke

He would say "Me too." and "Cool."

@Everybody

I'm so scared because there is like nobody I know gay, and I'm extremely out. I felt like he would of told me.

10. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    That's not necessarily true. My best friend in high school was probably the most "out" lesbian, with a long term girlfriend she lives with, and I never told her. I'm out now that I'm in college, and I still haven't told her anything. He might not feel comfortable with his sexuality yet (if he does like males) enough to say anything, but is trying to build up to it.

11. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Bumped. I need advice please!

12. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Well, today, I sort of asked him to the dance. I wish I made it more obvious I meant as boyfriends! There was somebody else listening while I pretty much asked him out. I said "Do you want to go to the dance with me?" He was actually making a pretty surprised face. Somebody asked if I meant "date" him. I had to say no. My crush actually didn't seem quite relieved, like I would think he would. He seemed somewhat sad. He also poked me a lot again. I'm not sure if that's for fun, or if its for something more significant. He could've been more sad because he said he couldn't go, but he seemed a little happy when I asked him to go to the dance with me. I could just be over analyzing, but there could've been something more too this.

13. LILuke

If he said yes when you asked to go to the dance, even if you said that it 'wasn't as a date' then I think that's a pretty glaringly obvious sign that he's into you. The fact that he kept trying to talk to you afterwards seems to point in that direction as well. Just talk to him in private and take the plunge already, because otherwise you're never going to know for sure.

14. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

The thing that made me really sad was when he said he had to go camping. Hopefully next time he'll go. :icon_sad: But yeah, he said he would've loved to.

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2013 at 01:08 PM ----------

I'm thinking maybe on Friday, or National Coming Out Day, I will tell him I like him. Just thinking about it makes me light headed!

15. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's showing really big signs that he likes you... which is awesome! I know it's really scary, but just force yourself to ask him again or tell him you like him. You can say that it's cool if he doesn't go that way or whatever... I'm sure you'll get a good result from it :slight_smile: If you're worried, just say you still want to be friends no matter what happens.

PS. You're in highschool right?

16. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Nope, 8th grade.

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2013 at 08:01 PM ----------

I really need to push my courage. The reason why I'm holding back so much is because my crush can get annoyed somewhat easily, and because there aren't really that many gay people in 8th grade, or atleast in my school. It's such a scary situation, but all of you guys are making me want to tell him tomorrow. I really need to do it sooner or later.

17. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DO IT!!!
    Just keep calm and go for it :grin:

18. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

I told him today. I was pretty disappointed seeing how he wasn't gay nor in live with me, BUT he is still mah friend. Thank you all for the advice!

19. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww
    That really sucks, but at least he's still there for you.
    How are you feeling about everything at the moment?