1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand how to feel love.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheQuietTreader, Oct 4, 2013.

1. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ever since school started, I feel like a switch has gone off in me. I haven't felt really any emotions (except crying at night after I didn't do as good as I expected after an cross country race) besides sadness. Most often, I don't feel anything except stress. I have to be perfect. I have represent the LGBT community well, even though I'm not even out to anyone besides friends. These are the thoughts that go through my mind a lot of the time. Talking about friends, I haven't felt a need to hang out with anyone since school started. I wouldn't even really mind not talking to them at all for days. I only talk to them cause it's a necessity in school so people won't pick on you.
    Most of the time, I feel detached from people. I really don't care about them. I kind of want to, and that's why I'm posting this, but most of the time I don't care. It's only a little bit frightening to me that I'm like this. Can anyone give me advice on how to feel again? I really haven't felt anything except stress (and occasionally sadness for the oddest reasons) since school started. Thanks EC.

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Well stress can put the brakes on every good feeling you can have. My advice would be to find what is stressing you out and just let it go for a while.

3. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I know this might seem daunting, but perhaps you should consider going and seeing a counselor? They could help you work through your stress and maybe find some reasons on why you're having such a hard time at the moment.

I hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

4. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with the post above, i went through a similar time in my like where i literally felt numb to life.. i didn't come out of my room nothing even phased me anymore, i just genuinely didn't care.. I suggest you go see a counselor and talk with them.. they can help you A LOT and you will begin to feel like yourself again.. i think you might be stressed and depressed, you cant carry the world on your shoulders, you need people to help, no one can do it alone.. talk to someone and you should begin to feel a bit better before you know it