1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm still in love with him, and I think he might still feel the same

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Oct 5, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We broke up for one reason and one reason only. His psychiatrists told him it would be better for him to seek relationships closer to home because he had a mental breakdown in the middle of class, and he was having problems for a while since he came out because he lost friends and gained a few that only wanted a gay friend. For the longest time he only talked to me online. But after about a month, he asked if I wanted to get back together with him. Of course I did, but I said no even though he swore he was better. Because I figured that he should work on maintaining relationships he has over in England just to make sure that nothing happens again.

About 3 days afterwards. I convinced myself that I was over it, until about 3 weeks ago when I realized I was still in love with him. We still talk. And I'm still in love with him. What we had was truly special.

But. I don't know if, or how I should tell him I still have feelings for him. I just, miss what we had. He truly cared, and still does actually care about me. For example. I told him how I was uncomfortable because earlier this week I was hit on, well, fake hit on by this STRAIGHT guy I know.
    Now before you read this next part, keep in mind that the guy who kinda hit on me is just the type that likes to screw with people like that.
    It was during play practice and it's a play about pirates. So he was screwing with me when we're supposed to be silently talking in the background and it's my character's birthday, he asked if I was legal. Then his hand started going lower, I told him that if his hands went lower, I'd slap him... Well, I had to slap him, no fucking regret. Then it got awkward because he pulled me into the corner all creeper and rape like, I told him it was getting a bit too creepy, he eventually said "I just want to talk to you about buying a condo" -_- Wow... But anyway, I told my ex how it was uncomfortable, at first he said if he made me more uncomfortable he would come over and beat him with a bat or a rake.

I'm pretty sure he was joking but I took that as he still cared. I love how he's kinda crazy, in a good way. But I don't know what to do about it... I'm half hoping he'll see this so I don't have to tell him I still love him, I really care about him still. He has an EC account so I'm hoping he'll see this... But still guys...
    :help:

2. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear about that awful creep giving you trouble - he sounds like a total asshole... I hope you're okay <3

Perhaps give yourself some more time to think things over, and see if you still feel the same way in a month or so.

If you do, then my advice would be to suggest that you are still open to being in a relationship with him, and see whether he still feels ready for it. As long as you make sure you're keeping communication open and honest, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. He sounds like a great guy :slight_smile:

Best of luck! Hugs

3. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

He most likely still has feelings for you. Do not regret telling him you still have feelings for him cause he sounds like he trying to be nice and he sounds like he wants to go back to you again.

4. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you should tell him, if you want him to see this then whats the difference?! go be happy tell him how you feel and it sounds like he still genuinely cares, take the risk, or you cant gain the reward!

5. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So he just messaged me on facebook a few hours ago and said he saw this. He said he still has feelings for me too :slight_smile:

6. QWERTz

QWERTz Guest

i actually said i'd fuck that guy with a rake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys, not to rain on your parade but... let's be a little practical here.

Being thousands of miles and a large body of water apart from one another... not to mention the issues with citizenship and visas and all of that... this isn't likely to be an easy or practical situation for either of you. I honestly think, Qwertz, that your psychiatrist gave you some good advice, as hard as it may be to hear that.

Additionally, at 16, both of you deserve to experience more than online interactions, and I'm not just talking about sex. There's so much to a real relationship that happens away from the computer, and by sticking to an online relationship that is unlikely to have any irl contact any time in the near future (or, even if you do, for any meaningful length of time), you are both doing each other a huge disservice at a time where your emotional and psychological growth is really crucial.

My best suggestion is that you consider treating what you have as a wonderful friendship. Leave yourselves each the option of finding a boyfriend local to you, continue to support and care about each other, but consider letting the idea of a real romantic relationship go.

It may seem ridiculous now but I think if you do choose that option, you will both be much happier, not to mention, mentally healthier. :slight_smile: