1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My so called 'best pal'.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Destabilise, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will apologise now, I probably will swear. This has really riled me up tonight.

Doesn't he just wind me up? Let's call him Mat. Because his name is Mat.

I've been friends with Mat since 2010, we're supposed to be best pals, but he winds me up so much. The minute he gets a girlfriend, he ditches me when he's got past the "I have a gay best friend I don't judge anyone" stage of his vicious attack on the poor girl, then when they break up, hello Jack, i miss u how're u my best pal. annnd repeat. His relationships never last anyway. ANYWAY THATS ALL IN THE PAST WITH HIS NEWEST BIT ON. So he moved to uni not long ago, we were chatting while he was gone and all this and I said something about coming up to visit him. He said "I don't think my house mates would appreciate me inviting people up for a weekend pal, sorry :/" So I left it at that, until I found out he invited EIGHT people to go up in two weeks time for a wild weekend. All at the same time.

Fucked me right off. Then, here's the kicker. I found out from someone else today that he's down and they all went out drinking tonight. How did I find out? "Why aren't you here for a night of drinking before Mat goes back to uni?" Well, he's avoided my text and my call. I'm fucking finished with the prick to be honest.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds to me like he's avoiding you. He might not be past the whole, "I have a gay best friend" issue like he said he is. He sounds like a complete asshole, especially since he's lying to you. If I were you, I'd send him an email or text saying, "I can take a hint. Don't worry, you won't be hearing from me again." ...or something of the sort.

Also, don't be too available for him. Make him work for your friendship since he's being such a prick.

#2 Anthemic, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. ryanalexander61

I don't know what to tell you buddy...sometimes are friends disappoint us for reasons beyond explanation. Only thing you can do is try to find new friends (or best friend), or talk to your friend about it. Let him know you were hurt by his actions and maybe he will own up to it.

4. biggayguy

With a friend like that you don't need an enemy. He's just using you so he won't feel lonely. I would find someone else to go out with you.

5. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhhh guys he's already been banned, no need to give advice anymore...

6. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeee, I'm back, cheers for the advice guys. I got temp banned cause I didn't read that thing about not putting social networking names about. Oh well.

7. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait what? People can come back after they've been banned? Wtf?!? How is this even... *mind blown*

Anyway, I think you should find a new friend. It seems like he only spends time with you when it's convenient for him and ditches you as soon as he finds someone else. Move on and find other people to hang out with.

8. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've figured that and I've just cut him off completely, haha. I can't be dealing with it at the moment, he had the audacity to have a massive moan at me for not being free one night when he had popped back down. My bad for holding down a full time job working in health care and they needed me to cover a shift which I'd agreed to before he asked me to come out.

And yeah man, 30 day ban or something now, aha.

9. Hrantou

Yeah I would drop him. I've had plenty of friends like that. It goes like this:

"I ain't nobody's plan B. Either you choose me, or you lose me!" (cookie if you know where that's from)

Drop him as a friend. Sounds to me like he doesn't even help you out or give anything to the friendship unless HE needs something anyway.

10. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Essentially that, yes. I got a text from him about an hour ago telling me "you've got to come out I need someone to talk to" and I just replied "I'm in bed. I have another 12 hour shift tomorrow, I am not coming out, it's nearly midnight" and I haven't had a reply. I think he's getting the hint.