1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want to be loved... :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theskyiseverywhere, Oct 5, 2013.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey. I just need somebody right now. I love my parents so much. And they love me too. But what makes me mad is when they say that they understand what I'm going through. I just want to scream " NO YOU DONT! YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS EVEN :***: LEGAL!" I just want to talk to somebody on here. Someone who understands :tears:

2. Pocky

I know it's really frustrating in those sorts of situations. People say they know what I'm going through but have no real clue what it's like to have faced everything I have - at 23 years of age. I'm talking sexual abuse, developing AND beating a drug addiction, losing all my friends and seeing my family break down due to the choices I made and my mum developing a mental illness.

On that note I have to say that you are so damn lucky that you have parents that love you and even if they don't really know what it's like to be gay. Please don't write them off or take them for granted. I would do anything just to have my real mum back and not have my dad stressed out dealing with all of our family's shit.

Explain to them calmly that you really need them and love them but that there are things you face that they won't understand. Perhaps point them in the direction of PFLAG so they can learn more about being parents of gay child.

3. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply! A couple things though:

1. I'm not out of the closet to anyone, even them.

2. I never take my parents for granted, because they are so great and supportive, and I love them.

I'm very sorry to hear about that. But things should work out eventually:slight_smile:

4. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hit me up if you ever want to talk :slight_smile:

I don't really know how you feel, because to be honest I don't worry about all that, but sometimes it's good to have someone to talk to and that knows who you are, no filters and no lies.

Have you ever thought of coming out to someone?

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey
    You're going to be ok, I promise :slight_smile:
    I know what it feels like... I've definitely had times when I've felt like I needed someone who understands to talk to / hug.. but it can be hard to find someone
    If you want to talk to me, just send a message on my wall :slight_smile: I promise I'll be supportive and try to help in any way I can, even if that just means listening :slight_smile:

6. Varro

Hey bud, hugs man

Its a frustrating time and things do get better and easier over time. If you haven't come out to your parents then yes they dont understand. Im 49 yo and only just coming to terms with being gay over the last 12 months and i'm married.

Its been very frustrating because all that and still now i haven't come out to most, yet they all think i'm having marriage problem and reckon they know how i feel..... ARRRR NO THEY DONT!.

I want to scream it out too but that would make things very awkward and uncomfortable...

Hang in there and keep using this great place to vent your frustrations and gain knowledge, its helped me stay sain...:thumbsup:

#6 Varro, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. First of all, hello! :slight_smile:
    I totally understand that feeling...it's really frustrating because some people will just never understand the extent of the feeling to perhaps not be able to get married one day. I, for one find it really stressful whenever people talk about it casually because it's like; "No you don't understand this law could change my whole life!!!"

I just want to say it will get better and you're totally welcome to talk to me whenever you want!