1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signs from a guy? Really Confused?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rasengan, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright guys so i posted back a little while ago about this guy who im trying to become friends with (maybe even something more :wink: anyway you can read all about that here --> http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/110692-how-make-friends-guy.html anyway this guy lets call him "C" is in my speech class and he is amazing and ive been working on getting around talking to him. We haven't spoken a word until Friday when i was leaving Spanish to go to third hour he placed his hand on my shoulder when passing me in the hall, then after english when i passed him again he did the whats up head nod to me and said hey. So i was really happy that he started talking to me i still dont know why he did because hes a senior and im a sophomore he has other things to worry about (more deatails in link) Anyway i got home and went on facebook and messaged him "Hey text me sometime if you want" then i wrote my number down and hit send. It was about a day later until it said he read it earlier today but he never replied or texted me so im kinda sad i guess :/ i just dont understand why hes been giving me these looks and touches and starting to talk to me now hes just ignoring me i guess. Any advice on what i should do? Im so confused! :bang: should i just leave him alone? am i being annoying? Maybe he just feels bad for me because im the gay kid at school who gets picked on?

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing to keep in mind, and I've seen this with people of all ages, not everyone is as talkative/responsive in person vs facebook/txt/skype/phone/etc... I've seen some people who prefer "keyboard based" communication because they feel like other people (friends, spouse, colleague, even their own kids) won't be eavesdropping into their conversation. On the opposite, some people will be really friendly in person but don't like writing it down (maybe they sometimes share the computer, or the smartphone and don't feel it's private that way). The other thing to think about, when in person you both know the surroundings/who's around/what you're doing at the time. With online you know YOUR surroundings/activity but have no clue if he's busy with some family thing or at a part-time job etc...

So I'd take his "in person" behaviour as encouraging, and try to continue using that form of communication. Doesn't mean you can't txt/facebook/skype but don't be totally surprised if he doesn't respond as enthusiastically online. Once you know him a bit better you could always ask him "Hey btw I noticed you don't seem to txt back much, is there another way of communicating that works better for you?".