1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay? Mixed signal and all

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JoelYgz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i have guy friend that unfortunately i fell for. But, i don't know if he is gay or not, he doesn't know i'm gay either.
    There are many signal that tells me that he is gay, but sometimes he is not, like he said that he had girlfriend back in high school, she was a real slut and when she gave him a blow job, he ran and they broke up. Now, in college he keep saying that he had this huge crush on a girl in our class but he doesn't want to make move, not even introducing himself (its been like 6 months now). That's weird because he is like super social butterfly who doesn't think twice of getting to know people even to a group of strangers. I even know that girl because she is my friend.

He gave me a lot of mixed signal and vibe, he is actually the first guy friend that i got that kind of signal and vibe. When i'm with him, he never bring a subject about girl, weird because in whole life befriending a guy, that's all they talked about. We played footsies, he likes to stare at me, he touch me a lot, like putting his hand on my lap. ugh.. why do he have to torture me.. before i fell for him.. my life was perfect, i'm content of being single and care less about my problems.

2. tango02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I seriously doubt if this guy is straight. Trust what your gut is telling you because with guys like this the truth as it is presented is often not really the truth. No straight guy is ever going to stare at you and play footsies, I mean not ever in a million years. He probably has issues about his sexuality so you should proceed with caution.

3. TheAMan

I feel for you dude. Today in time, it's really hard to tell if a guy is straight or not and the mixed signals can drive you crazy. I will say though that it sounds like he might be interested in you. Try finding out if he is cool with gays. That way at the least you can have a supportive friend. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He is super supportive to LGBT community, as far as i know, he doesn't have any gay friends and he sometimes bring the LGBT topic out of nowhere, like during conversation he suddenly said that "My mom is very homphobic, if she knows i'm gay, she definitely kick me out of the house". Or "my sister calls me gay a lot" when i ask why, he always said that is because "my sister heard me sings A LOT, in shower or in my room". His voice is horrible but he really loves to sing. I stalk his facebook (guilty as charge) and i see a trend in his photos, he often poses like gay guy -_-. I don't know if he is gay or he is just super confident of his sexuality, although i never wrong when i suspect a person is gay, even if they act masculine. But him, i am not sure because i have feelings for him, so i don't know if i'm being bias or being caution.

5. LILuke

It certainly sounds like this guy has some kind of same-sex attractions that he's coming to terms with, the real question is whether or not he's open enough with himself to acknowledge that. I agree that it certainly sounds like he's got some issues coming to terms with himself, so I would proceed firmly but carefully.