1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"May I ask you a Question"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tym Misery, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Tym Misery

Tym Misery Guest

That is what I sent somebody I've been crushing on for years, I was kinda hoping they'd outright block me like every other Crush I've contacted after a long time but they responded with Sure. Then, I accidentally sent them a Emoticon of a Cat with a heart above it's head >.<"; went full on spaz but they answered that it was okay and asked me what I wanted to ask them. Problem is, "Why are you always on my mind" not only sounds tripe and Clinch but absolutely Creepy as well. HELP!:bang:

2. LD579

There probably are better ways of telling someone that you have a crush on them besides that rhetorical question. In a certain light, it could be seen as sweet, but just so as well as kind of disconcerting. Do you wish to tell these people for disclosure and finality so that you can move on, or is it from hope that they may feel the same, or any other reason? Depending on the reason, you could phrase your wording appropriately, as well.

3. Tym Misery

Tym Misery Guest

Well, I'd like to get to know them. But, I know my Crush can go no farther since they already have a partner and live nowhere near me. Should I even bother responding, simple letting it hang or would that be rude.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing to gain by telling somebody in a relationship that you have a crush on them. I'd go ahead and weasel your way out of that conversation. You might ask "It doesn't weird you out that I'm bi, does it?" That's a question somebody MIGHT ask somebody reluctantly, so he might not freak out about it. And no, if he says "no, I'm totally cool with it", that doesn't mean you should hit on him. It means you should say "Cool - thanks" and end the conversation. :slight_smile:

Lex