1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On a 'Break'

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by applepie, Oct 9, 2013.

1. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so me and my boyfriend broke up... kind of?

we were both unsure of the relationship, there was lots of tension, awkwardness, etc.

Well he was nervous about breaking up, while i was absolutly ready to break up, so we decided on... a break.

I realize that this is something that I should talk over with him, but...

whats a break? am i technically single? are we still kind of "together" ? I'm really confused!

2. LD579

Clarify it with him. Likely a break means different things to different people and couples.

3. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Oh breaks, they are just lovely. /sarcasm

Really, Luthan is correct, you need to clarify what exactly is happening. To some people it means you are in all terms broken up but only for the time being, and it is known that you will eventually get back together. Sometimes it's a way just to break up slowly, and sometimes it is just literally a break from each other for a few days or so, but you are still together. It's confusing and shitty, but even I have used the whole "Let's take a break" thing.

4. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I decided to talk to him and clarify things, but he texted me last night and said he was sick of the break (after less than a week) and he wanted me back.
    He's coming over today and i'm just going to break up with him :frowning2: I'm not in a place where I want to be in a relationship, and I don't want to lead him on any longer...

5. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Hey good luck. I know how it is, pretty much in the same place right now. I hope it goes well!

6. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! It went okay. I didn't think it'd be so hard to break up with him. It wasn't too bad though, could have been so much worse!

Now i feel very... liberated :slight_smile: I no longer feel like i HAVE to be bisexual just because i had a boyfriend, now i feel like i can actually explore my sexuality without worrying about that sort of thing. the breakup as a whole feels like a weight off my shoulders- im so glad im not under all that pressure anymore!

Well I hope things work out for you (*hug*) thanks for the advice!