1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on my first date

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Oct 9, 2013.

1. lostlifeguard

So I just started college and I'm 18. I'm going on my first date ever this friday and I have no clue what to do. Here's a brief backstory.

So basically I met this guy in my dorm at a party (drunk). We talked a little, and he Facebook messaged my later asking if I wanted to go get coffee. I said yes and we talked and it was fun and all. Well, we hung out at another party and ended up cuddling all night on a couch. We kind of kissed in the midst of cuddling (just a peck), and that was that. We've been texting for a few days and I said we should hang out soon. So far we haven't called it a date but he's said he thinks I'm cute and we're going out for dinner, so essentially a date.

I need serious advice. He's 2 years older and a lot more experienced with dating. I really like him so far. Any advice?
    Also, I'd be completely willing to make out with him, and I'm pretty sure he would too, but I'm really awkward and I think he wants me to make the first move in that regard since he knows that he has more experience and doesn't want to pressure me. Any advice in this regard?
    If worse comes to worse I think it'll be dinner, then hanging out somewhere, then going to a party and getting some liquid courage and seeing where the night goes.

Any advice is welcome

2. phoenixx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    don't worry too much about it. It's ok to not feel like you completely know what you're doing, and probably if your romantic interest is any decent individual, they will be fine with you having less experience than them.
    just don't overthink it and enjoy yourself :slight_smile:
    best of luck! <3

3. srslywtf

Just focus on trying to have a good time and getting to know him rather than worrying about those things! I went on my first date recently (and 2nd and 3rd) and it was nowhere near as scary as I thought it would be! Sometimes I really muddle up my words/thoughts/etc, but I did fine! and if I can do fine - pretty much anyone can.

:slight_smile:
    You especially don't have to worry because you already know he's pretty damn into you!

If it gets to the end of the night and you're not sure what to do/etc... You can even straight up say 'look, I'm new to this all..."

4. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just relax and enjoy yourself. I'm not very good at advice but good luck :slight_smile:

5. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey lostlifeguard,

As others have said before me, try not to worry too much. You've already hung out, cuddled, and had coffee together. Try thinking of this Friday as just another "hangout" only at a different venue! As long as you two are able to converse and hold a conversation which I am assuming you two already do then the hardest part has already taken care of itself.

If you being new to the dating world was a serious drawback for him he probably wouldn't want to have dinner with you so try not to worry. If some awkward/funny stuff happens just laugh about it. Stuff happens to us all on first dates. Try to just enjoy the time you're spending with him and if it leads to a kiss/making out then so be it. If not, dinner, hanging out, and going to party doesn't really sound that horrible.

I'm sure things will go fine so I hope you enjoy the date! :slight_smile:

6. Werbinich

There is a clip on Davey Wavey's You tube channel about dating tips, search for it, I found it informative.