1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bro!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tex, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Opinions; there's this guy. He's pretty much my best friend, but oh shocking it's the stereotypical, "I'm in love with my best friend" schtick. Now, we do flirt constantly, and he's always staring and me and touching me (not in a weird way, just like putting his hand on my back, putting his arm around my shoulders) and all the other signs of "he likes you!" BUT he calls me bro.

So, people of the EC; what do you think about this? Would you call the person you're into 'bro' (or something similar)?

It's just so aggravating. I could just ask if he's into me like that but, that's too easy =)

2. someguy82

He might just be a touchy feelie guy, I've had a lot of friends both men and women who were that way. Does he call other people bro? Is it a friendly term of endearment he uses regularly with others, or just you? If it's just you, I could see it being a sign he has a crush on you. And honestly, "bro" is a lot cuter and sweeter than "baby" so he gets points for that.

3. Tex

Tex

He isn't a touchy feely guy with anyone else though, actually everyone thought we were together. He does call all of his friend bro, that's why I really was like, "oh...well then". I wouldn't mind if he did call me bro as a term of endearment honestly, because I do like it baby that babe or baby.

4. someguy82

I have to be very clear with people I date not to call me baby because I can't stand it.

Anyway, be up front and ask him about it. Or just plant a kiss on him (closed mouth because you're classy) and see how he reacts. I would only do this if you feel comfortable enough with him that you could get away with it.

#4 someguy82, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  5. Tex

Tex

I am a classy bitch....

However, I know it would be easier to just ask him but I don't want him to get all wigged out if he isn't into me. I love our friendship, and I really don't want to be together at this point in time. I would just like to know I'm not completely crazy in thinking he's into me, or we have a chance at something in the future. I'm sure this all sounds silly =P

6. someguy82

I would say I'm a classy bitch, but my slutty briefs I wear when I plan to make a move would probably indicate otherwise.

You could always start calling him "sis" or "sista" and see how he reacts to that. It might be the magical move beyond friendship code to him?

Anyway, always wondering might end up driving battier than just biting the bullet and finding out the truth. Not that I'm one to take my own advice in this situation, but still.