1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared about being the last one of my family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

When my parents go I will get dumped with everything since I have no siblings , and I have no real contact with my aunts side of the family.

I am literally terrified about being alone with no family left, it sometimes keeps me up at night (since my parents decided to speak to me about what to do if something happens)

Am I being stupid?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's certainly not stupid to be afraid of being without family.

However, I would ask - are your parents in danger of passing away sometime soon? In other words, is this an immediate concern, or something that probably won't happen for a good long time? If it's happening soon, then it might not be a bad idea to try to build up some sort of support network asap - even if it's not family, some good friends will do a lot to help you through life, and you mention another side of your family that you haven't talked to in a while. Is getting back in touch with them an option?

Or, if your parents aren't passing soon, it might be more worthwhile to ask yourself why you're so concerned about it. Is anything happening/has it happened recently that might make you afraid of being alone?