1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians with Straight Cis-Male Best Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fortheloveoflez, Oct 11, 2013.

1. fortheloveoflez

A lot of gay men (or many who I've seen) tend to attract many female friends or at least a lot of straight female women tend to really want to be friends with gay men.

I'm a feminine lesbian and I never felt that straight cis-men flocked to me for friendship; rather, if they tokenized me, it was for negative reasons like a sexual fetish or "wanting to turn me". I always thought it would be nice to have a REAL deep friendship with a straight cis-male since there are so many who I think would be awesome to be friends with.

So my question is for the femme lesbian and bi ladies out there:

Do you have a straight cis-male best friend? When I mean real, I don't mean someone who has romantic intentions

#1 fortheloveoflez, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. sirenscall

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say I have a best friend but my close friend is a guy and his straight. He is really supportive and I love him to bits.

3. Lipstick Leuger

I have a good male freind at work. He's married and very happy, but we just 'click'. We have lots of stuff in common, except sexual attraction. We're comfortable with each other and laugh together. So I think that it's fine to have a straight cis-gendered male friend if you are lesbian. BTW, my wife has a male friend also at work, he's a nice kid and I am always making extra treats and food for him. He's only 25 so he appreciates them! LOL

4. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do! just the one though :/ well... I HOPE he doesn't have romantic intentions :astonished:

5. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do, but the guy's in love with me so... :/ He is a very good friend though and we have a blast together.

6. My close, straight, cis male friends call me their "lesbro". I even get mail addressed to The Lesbro.

7. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Im cis-straight and i have a close lesbian friend. I also get along with a few lesbians.

I wish i had more close lesbian friends, i mean, straight guys can be cool, or gay guys, and also straight girls. But i like lesbian friends a lot cause the friendship feels fresh due to the lack of sexual tension, also is cool to have a female with whom you can talk about girls, and understands you perfectly on that matter, or when she tells you about her love interest, you undestand her perfectly.

But this reasons are only the ones who i have words to, they are the tip of the iceberg. Friendship with lesbians have their own unique flavor.

And finally, not absolutley always, but very frequently gay people in general are open minded and have developed complex personalities.

8. fortheloveoflez

Thanks everyone for your input!

Straight ally--- Wow, I love what you wrote. Thank you. I hope to meet more people like you!

9. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

One of the few people I've remained in touch with since childhood - well, age 13 - is a guy. I was actually in his wedding party. He's one of the greatest people I know. Another friend from just post-grad, we've gone in different directions since he found GOD, but by recent exchange, I am certain, if I were ever in desperate need of him, he would still be there. Meeting with another male friend tomorrow, one I thought I could call any time, talk to about anything, and would always have my back. Until I came out to him about 6 weeks ago. Haven't heard boo from him since - which hurt like hell - and many folks here on EC thought it was due to his sexual interest in me, which I had never seriously suspected before.

Can we continue to be friends without him holding out hope that I'll end up in his bed? I'm a bit suspicious that I'm going to hear that "he'll turn me", but I really don't know. I'll let you know how things go tomorrow.

10. iHateThinking

I do, but I dunno if I'd call them "best friends". But most of my straight, cis-gen male friends and I are in good standing. I actually just got finished talking to a friend of mine about the things going on in his life and he was really appreciative of me just being there.

My guy friends are pretty cool about me being gay and never go up to me and be all "Well I can totally turn you straight" or anything like that; they're really respectful about it. It's nice to know they don't view me as an object but as a legitimate friend. I generally connect with them pretty well on a personal, platonic level and I love talking to them about whatever. Plus I love noticing an attractive female and getting to talk about it with them, it's entertaining. :lol:

I think friendly relationships like that are totally possible, so long as everyone's understanding about it.

11. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have two really good guy friends. One of them actually had dated me for a short period of time, we're close enough to where I can tell him nearly anything(I haven't really come out to him yet, but I'm waiting a little while longer to make sure I'm sure about myself first.) the other one knows about me, I came out to him a few months back, and he's been awesome and I can talk to him about practically anything. I see both of them like my brothers.

12. Cerith23

I have a close guy friend who identifies as straight, but who I get gay vibes from a lot (I don't press the matter). We jokily flirt for fun, and some people think were pretty weird, but both of us definitely have no romantic/sexual interest in the other.