1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Sight!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DashDude, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DashDude

DashDude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm not sure if this is the right section to post under. But what the hell, I'm new at this.
    So im 19 just started college. Ive always considered myself 100% straight. Had girlfriends all through high school. Fell in love with 2 of them. My thing is I can tell when I see a girl. I just know she's the one. Im basically into love at first sight. I just become infatuated with this person, and basically they're all I think about. Well I started a class a few weeks ago, and I saw this guy walk in and he caught my attention for some reason. Then after class we made eye contact, and I felt that feeling. It was so weird to me because never in my life have I ever gotten that feeling when looking at a guy. Guys have never really been my thing. To each their own I don't really care, I've just never found myself into a guy before. It's been going on for like 3 weeks now, and every day I get the same rush. I don't even know his name, but our eyes always seem to meet. He comes off 100% straight like myself, but I over heard 2 of his friends talking about him being gay one day when I sat behind them, or at least thats what I understood. This is an awful situation to be in because 1. I don't even know him, and my feelings could be some weird confusion. and 2. He's a guy. Any advice would be so awesome!

2. confused1234

Start a conversation with him next time you have class. Just be friendly, it doesn't need to be sexual. Maybe say you're just trying to meet some new people. This is really new for you, so take things slow and one step at a time, and just see how things play out. Good luck!

3. Werbinich

Love at first sight sadly exists. But in a good way.
    Start a friendship with him, one that you build with any other person, and yo'd have plenty of time to sort out your feelings. And what happens next would be much more easier if the feelings stays or ever deepens.

As for the sexuality part: I don't really 'agree' on the 'curious' part. Yes, some straight people got curious and wanted to try out with the same sex. But from your descriptions, it doesn't sound like you want to 'try it with a guy'. You seemed to have fallen for another person, man or woman alike.

Hugs and Good Luck!

4. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You owe it to yourself to meet this man. Ask him some questions related to the class.

Don't rely on hearsay. Find out for yourself.

No matter your orientation or his, you need to find out more about this chemistry that exists between the two of you. Otherwise, months or years down the road this will become one of those "could have/should have/would have" regrets.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Milan

5. DashDude

DashDude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thats what I'm afraid of, I don't wanna regret it later in life! But, even when it comes to girls it takes me forever to work up the nerves to talk to them! So I'd have to just try even harder. But, 2 of my best friends are in the class with me. So I think they'd wonder why the hell I'm trying to become friends with this random dude. How would I get around that...