1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught up on a Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Mrcake

My friend and I met three months ago and started hanging out with each other. We started becoming really close after the first month, and realized that this could turn into something more than just a friendship. However, he just got over a relationship about a month ago and this caused drama. Other people in our friend circle decided to believe rumors and he got fed up - this resulted in us not wanting to hang out for a while. We just settled the rumors and decided that we want to be friends until he can get over his ex.
    Here's the problem: I can't stop thinking about him and I can't stop thinking about our time together. He says he wants a relationship eventually, but whenever we hang out, I feel like we aren't close anymore. I feel like other friends get in the way, and we can't cuddle together\hang and watch movies together anymore - it seriously is starting to bother me a lot. I'm currently pursuing other people right now, but they don't compare to him at all.

What's the best way to tell him how I feel? I feel like I should just be honest and see what he says, but then I feel like he'll just shrug it off and say "I already told you, I need a break." Can people still cuddle and be close, but not be in a relationship?

2. drakkarlucifer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To answer your first question..maybe?
    I don't have much info that can help really but I do a little...maybe? Well I had a friend we were close for a while then over the summer he left the us and came back before my birth and decided to tell me happy birthday and such. I've always "liked" him but was not sure if it was love or like, so I decided to just tell him how I felt. It didn't go well but not everyone will have this reaction. I feel a lot better when I tell someone how I feel when I feel it instead of holding onto the regret since the worst they can do is reject you. To me regret hurt more and longer than heart break.
    To answer your second question..I hope.
    Me and my best friend have been together since we were born but didn't really know about it and in pre-k we never left one or another's side, and recently we have an awkward incident with me trying to figure out if I'm gay. We did everything together and we acted like a couple, but we were not, just good friends. If your friend is really a friend and does want a relationship I would think that he would try to make an effort to want to be with you.

Sorry if I didn't help much, I'm young and new here sooooo...yea.