1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theskyiseverywhere, Oct 12, 2013.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I had an idea to kind of tell my crush I'm interested even though I'm not even out yet. I was thinking I could kind of give him mixed signals, so when I come out and I tell him I like him, he will not be totally surprised (I'm not coming out for a while.)Is this a good idea?

2. Boston

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a good idea. Courage is the best quality to have it's wonderful that you're so courageous. If you get rejected don't worry everything gets better there's always more people on this earth. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a bad idea if you don't know this guy very well. Mixed signals are not entirely a good thing if you don't know for sure he is gay or straight. Also, don't come out and say you like him at the same time, because, if he is straight (or closeted), then he'll think you were just being friendly with him for only sexual purposes when thinking back to all those "mixed" signals. So, it's probably better to just come out without sharing your feelings so he has time to digest it.

4. yep

yep

I agree with resu. If he is closeted, and you give him mixed signals, he might not know how you will react if he comes out to you. I think you should either just come out to him, or send clear signals with one intent. Just my two cents!

5. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    By the way, he is gay and out of the closet. Sorry forgot to say that. I know him well, so yeah(!)

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In that case, you can continue to send mixed signals and frustrate him, or you could come out and send clear signals so you don't draw this drama out longer than it needs to be. :slight_smile:

7. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We'll, I'm not quite ready to come out. I just don't want him to think I'm straight.