1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Update

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Perhaps, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Perhaps

Hello everyone~. How have you been?~

Just an update on the guy my friend tried to get me with.

I did talk to him at the Car Wash, and days after, I finally got the guts to send him a message on Facebook. I did, and we had a wonderful conversation~, and it seemed like I was going to be able to get into a relationship soon. However, I was a little too optimistic.

We had a lot of the same interests and he is such a great person, but alas, there was a problem. He didn't want a relationship, but not just now... Ever. He doesn't see himself in a relationship in the future or even get married. So, it reduced my chances to 0%. I was going to ask him to Homecoming, but after that, I didn't have the spirit to do so.

I still talk with him every now and again, but he's heartbreak #4.

However, the moral of the story is to never give up~. If you're looking for someone to be with, don't stop your search, you'll find them eventually~. I am saddened by this, but I have to keep going~.

I just wanted to share this experience in hopes that I've made other's more optimitic in their endeavors~.

2. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aloha, Perhaps

Your thinking is spot on; never give up, don't stop searching for what you want.

Your optimism is refreshing and sustaining.

Very good luck to you!

Milan

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't give up so easily. I remember when I was young getting jaded about all relationships (mainly due to my parents' situation) and saying similar things as this guy. Ask him to homecoming, anyway.

4. Perhaps

Too late for that, haha. When I posted this, it was Homecoming Night, and I didn't buy tickets or go~.