1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to they guy i like

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JoelYgz, Oct 13, 2013.

1. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    a couple of days when the two of us were hanging out, i came out to him. He took it really well and he said it doesn't change anything between us. It has been great over the past few days, nothing changes at all except that he sometimes mentions about me being gay, and we always laugh when our friends mentioned something about gays, it became a thing for us that my friends think that we are having a secret (which we did).

However, i have also noticed that since i came out to him, he starts to talk about girls, like he told me if there is a hot girl or that he is having a crush with a girl, which is weird because he never, never talked about girls before i came out to him. Yesterday, when we me and my other friend joking about his crush, i jokingly told them he should get a girlfriend, my friend should should get a boyfriend (she's a girl) and i should get a boyfriend. My other seems fine with it since she is the most clueless person in the whole world.. he thinks i'm not gay. I noticed that after jokingly said that, he (the guy i like) became gloomy the whole day, i asked him why but he doesn't want to talk about it. It brokes my heart because he is happiest guy i have ever met who always smile. I also noticed that he became easy to irritate and yesterday, i heard he said b*tch and f**k you for the first time.

Do you think that i should confess that i like him? i do get the vibe that he is gay. And he treated me differently from his other guy friend.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You COULD try it, if you really think his 'suddenly talking about girls' is a form of over-compensation.

Maybe you could try and see how he reacts to some simple questions. "Maaaan, how cute is RANDOM DUDE X", "If you HAD to kiss a guy, who would it be?" "Dude, I heard you have lips, we should rub them together some time..."

OK maybe not the last one...

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you care for him so much, ask him what you can do to make him feel better. If he says he doesn't want to talk about it, point out the things that you consider being out of character and signs of a serious problem. Be there for him as a concerned friend, not only because you like him. Try to cheer him up with a special gesture or some humor that you know he would appreciate. Doing such things will hopefully make him more comfortable again.

#3 resu, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  4. JoelYgz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, i had no idea if he is being over compensation, he told me recently that he actually never in a relationship before (with girls) while before, he said that he did. When my friend ask why he treated me like boyfriends do, he told me that's what he do with his friends, especially. That one i don't really know since I've been hanging out with for 4 months and i never knew his high school friends. Do you think he is lying?

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One running joke is that any reaction given by somebody you come out to is proof positive that they actually are interested in you.

If they're supportive, it means they're gay and they want to get together with you.
    If they're not supportive, it means they're gay and they don't want anybody to figure it out.
    If they ask questions, it means they're gay and they want to find out more about their own sexuality.
    If they don't ask questions, it means they're gay and they don't want to arouse suspicion.

And on and on. :slight_smile:

Your description of his behavior doesn't exactly scream a guy in denial or hiding. MIGHT he be gay? Sure. But I'm not exactly getting that vibe from your posts. I'd just stay friendly (and thankful that he took it well). If he IS gay, and he wants to start making a move, he'll give you much bigger signals than this one.

Lex

6. 2112

:roflmao: I love it! If only it wasn't so awkward and ridiculously cheesy.. :lol: