1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly teenager issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tr0la, Oct 13, 2013.

1. tr0la

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've bern feeling sad for quite a while. My best friend since I was three failed at school last year, now he's got a whole new bunch of friends and changed his personality completely (into an ass). Now I hardly go out anymore because most of my friends have grown apart this year, those who haven't either have other friends that they care about more or only care about their girlfriends.
    Stuck at home, I argue a lot with my mother because she thinks I don't study hard enough even though I'm doing great at school and I dont even need high grades for what I want to do. She also wants me to sleep at 10 even though I dont have any classes the next day and she likes to remind me how I shouldn't even try to argue with her because she's the one who pays the bills and my dad wouldn't even be able to afford my school (they are divorced).
    Also, the guy who I have the biggest cruh ever for almost two years is straight or he simply doesn't fancy me at all, and I'm currently breaking two girls' hearts and I cant even do anything about it.
    Idk what to do so I'm just typing. Thanks :C

2. Nick07

It's your life, don't say the issues are silly.

Growing apart with friends sucks. Maybe you can look at it as at a chance to make other friends? Or finding more mature friendship that will survive you two being not in the same class/school? What about internet friendship?

I guess your mom is telling you she cares about you. There is only so much she can do to influence your life now when you are a teenager. Getting early in bed and studying hard can be a promise of better day tomorrow for you or better life when you will look for a job.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with nick. Don't get into the mediocrity myth about not needing high grades. Of course, not everyone can get high grades, but you should work to the best of your ability because if you settle for low-pay or entry-level jobs, you will find yourself in stiff competition. A lot of my high school friends who chose such a path are now having to go back to college or learn some higher skill so that they can have a secure job.

As for your friends, don't worry so much since when you go to college, you'll have a lot of opportunities to meet new people. With crushes, I know it can seem like life is meaningless when "he" does not like you, but you are still young and will find many more opportunities (again in college, especially).