1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get close to a guy I like?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sitri, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sitri

So, there's this guy in my math class that I maybe have an enormous crush on. I'm pretty sure he's gay, but I have been wrong before. Actually I haven't, I was wrong about who is not gay ("Really you think he's gay?" "He is wearing a deep v-neck skinny jeans and a rainbow belt!" "Nothing wrong with a v-neck, besides you don't have to be gay to wear a rainbow belt." "You kinda do. Also he takes ballet." "Well Tchaikovsky wrote ballet, that doesn't make him gay." "Tchaikovsky was gay." "Oh." Actual conversation between me and a friend). Anyway they problem is that him and I don't really travel in the same circles so I don't know how to approach him. My current tactic of staring at the back of his head until he falls in love with me isn't going so well. So what should I do?

2. Gen

Gen

If you're staring at the back of his head, does that mean he is only one seat ahead of you?

If he is, then I would just try to make casual conversation with him. In situations such as these, there really isn't much more you can do than try to get to know the other person as much as possible.

3. 2112

I'm in the same situation, except that I know he's gay and he already has a boyfriend :icon_sad:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start a conversation with him during class, or maybe join his group of friends during a break or something. Find something to laught about, or teach each other. I got close to my friend by teaching him how to solve a rubik's cube...

5. Episode

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^Hahaha this gave me a good laugh :')

Of course as others have mentioned, talking is the only way to initiate a friendship (or more :thumbsup:) and of course it's easier said than done.

Since you already have the advantage of having him in your maths class, ask him for some maths help! Unless you have the reputation for being a maths God and he's known to be terrible at maths, you can dismiss reality/cheat and ask him anyway :grin: Just get that conversation started, who knows where it could take you!

Good luck!