1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throw In The Towel?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bryan44, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bryan44

Hello My Fellow EC Friends,

It has been awhile since I have had the chance to actually post on here, but now that things in my life have slowed down drastically I hope I can come around here more often. I have recently come into a situation that I wanted to get some of your opinions on, so here it goes.

I met an amazing man about four months ago (lets call him CT), randomly, in a Kroger (grocery store). The first night that we met I actually ended up sitting in his car for over three hours just talking to him. I felt an amazing connection with him, it was unreal. I say this because I had never had a boyfriend or dated a guy before in my 24 years on this earth. I never thought this day would come. Anyhow, back to the night we met. It turns out that we had a lot of the same views when it came to religion. We both felt that it was wrong to be in a relationship with another male even though we were both gay. We are both pretty involved in our church families and our families are very religious as well. My mom and my sisters know that I am gay, and they accept me for who and what I am. His family knows that he is gay, but they don't accept it, nor will they even be open to discussing it at all. They sweep it under the rug and pretend like everything is normal.

With that being said, I was saddened by the fact that if for some reason I actually ended up with this guy that I would never meet his family or become a part of his family. It hurt me to think that, because my family has always been really close and I want the same thing when I get older. CT told me that he didn't ever see himself being happy because he can't be happy since his family won't accept him being gay. So because they won't accept him he says he doesn't want to be married, he doesn't see anything being long term, and he more than likely doesn't want kids because it's not a normal situation.

I am really trying to understand our whole situation. I want to be with him and he has said that he wants to be with me. However, I question if this will even last because his family has such a strong hold on him and the way he lives his life. My real question here is should I stay in this relationship with him not knowing if it will ever go somewhere? I have asked him about it recently and all he can tell me is that he doesn't know. I genuinely care about this man, he is amazing and I don't want to lose him or give up on him, but I know that in the long run I will be the one to end up hurt.

Just wanted some opinions on the situation or to know if anyone has or is going through the same thing.

Thanks

-Krieg

2. SilentCreatures

Sorry if I offend. I do not intend to. But it almost feels like running before walking. Talk of marriage and kids - I feel that one grows towards that in time :slight_smile:

Time is an amazing thing and it can change so much. Never underestimate how people can change during it.

I wish you all the best :slight_smile:

3. Bryan44

I agree that all comes in time, but if he doesn't see it ever happening then I don't want to waste his time or my time. I believe that the point of dating someone is to find someone that you want to spend your life with, contrary to popular belief I don't date just for fun. I see what your saying though. I am thinking about marriage though, and children, he is 35 and I am 25.

Thanks for the reply :kiss: