1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find a boyfriend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by davidon1998, Oct 15, 2013.

1. davidon1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi , I am 15 years old and I am gay. I 've already came out to my mother and two close friends .. But I feel lonely so I want to find a relationship with an other gay guy. I live in a town of 10.000 residents so I can't find one from the internet . And ppl in my town are homophobics. so Is there any way to find gay teens in my school without having to come out to everyone ? :slight_smile:

2. RawringTiger

Well first you need to make friends with some gay teens and see if any of them are interested in you try join Gay straight alliance in your school and you will make alot of friends

3. Miseducated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It can be so difficult and frustrating in small towns so I can sympathize with you. Joining the Gay/Straight Alliance is a good suggestion but it could result in the very homophobic bullying that makes you hesitant to come out in the first place. Finding out who is already in the Gay/Straight Alliance at your school is a good way to start. Maybe your two friends can help you so it's not so obvious. Try to befriend some of the kids in that organization and work on coming out to them. You know they will be accepting of you and you might even find a boy that you like.

#3 Miseducated, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  4. It sounds like you're not quite ready to come out yet, but unless you start networking yourself through your friends, it'll be nothing short of a miracle if you find someone any time soon. If your school has a GSA club that would be your best shot, it might help you become more comfortable with the idea of coming out, which in turn would make you more likely to find someone.

5. davidon1998

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    .. I've already came out to everyone is important to me . So I have ALREADY came out . But no I will never come out to my school or society . 1)Because they don't care what I do 2) Because they are homophobics..

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2013 at 09:09 AM ----------

My school doesn't has gay/straight alliance :frowning2:

#5 davidon1998, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try expanding your general circles of friends by joining lots of activity groups.. (a) you will make a load of friends... (b) the chances are a good number will be gay too.

If you are "out" and single ... the ripples will soon touch on someone you are interested in ...

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Expanding your comfort zones and meeting new people is a great place to start. I might also mention you are only 15, and that it usually takes other LGBT teens a couple more years to start coming out, so there may not be that many people out and ready to date yet, like you are. I would recommend reading this thread by Owen, it's long, but it's helped out many people, including myself.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/56450-looking-relationship-simpler-than-you-think.html

Best of luck with everything. Just remember it may take a while. :slight_smile:

8. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really good that you're already comfortable an at early age. Just try new hobbies, meet new people, be friendly... you're sure to find someone :slight_smile: