1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is homophobic

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Recently I discovered my friend is homophobic and he made me angry by saying that:angry:, and sad:tears:. And he is one of my crushes but I still love him, but really though. He openly admitted it. I knew him for a long time and he is really nice but now that comment he said infuriated me. There could be the chance that he is a homophobic gay, one who is gay and hides it by homophobia, but I don't want to be a jumper, one who jumps to conclusion. I fake kissed him by putting my thumb and pretend to kiss him and he got startled and panicked but I explain that I didn't kiss him.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You ever sit down and ask him WHY he is homophobic?

3. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You know I should, but if I do that I would indirectly say that I'm gay. But I will try

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By indirectly saying you're gay, I assume you think he will turn around and say "Are you gay or something?", correct?

If he does, simply say 'what the heck does that matter, it's a dick move to hate on people for no reason, so what is your reason!'

There's no reason for him to assume you are gay just because you don't hate gay people, and you don't need to confirm it if he asks.

5. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate those people who automatically think you're homosexual because you stand for gay people. So if I stand up for black people does that make me black? Anyways, he is not hateful maybe he is more afraid of gays that hateful he got scared when I held his hand longer than needed, but I'm not telepathic. I'll ask.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homophobia appears to be in the air in some places. I'm glad the tide is turning, but I'd agree its very likely he has no idea why he should fear gay people. Either that, or he is actually grossed out by the thought enough that he can't stand guys making moves on him. If that's the case though, somebody should remind him he can say no. :S

7. smalltowngirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't understand how people can be homophobic anyways, I know a lot of people who are. We are still people so what are they saying they are afraid of people? Maybe he is hiding behind the homophobia.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the idea that homosexuality is wrong on multiple levels is introduced and re-introduced countless times throughout growing up, even rational people may have a hard time getting rid of it.

9. Californiacoast

I think I would have a hard time being friends with a guy who hated/was scared of the real me. Not to say I wasn't the football jock in the closet, but my close friends didn't express homophobia. I felt accepted and loved by my friends in highschool, even some of my big dumb jock buddies. It might be time to rethink this relationship. :eusa_doh: