1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help coming out to parents for 3rd time?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sunshine Cries, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Sunshine Cries

Hey,

So I, as you can see to the title, have come out twice to my parents. Both times, my father told me to not identify as anything other than straight because "I'm still half straight". My mother has both said that my "confusion" was a side effect of my hormonal disorder and medications to treat it, and that she "doesn't care", but would be ashamed of me if I was out to everyone, because apparently... That's tactless.

As a (mostly) out teen, I just want them to realize that my "alternative" sexuality is nothing for them to freak out about, dislike, etc., but don't know how to do that. Is there anyone who can help me come out to them successfully, with ideas as to why they feel like this, and how to make my sexuality feel less imposing to them?

Thank you so much. (*hug*)

~Sunshine

2. ryanalexander61

Maybe give them some time to work this through? Otherwise, I'm sure PFLAG would have some resources that would be helpful to you.

3. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that you just need to be firm about it.. tell them you are bisexual, you like both boys and girls, it is not a phase it is a fact and its who you are. Also say that you love them and would appreciate their support, but you really need to be clear about it so hopefully it will sink in.. im sorry you have to go though this again and again, I hope this is the last time! good luck!