1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheQuietTreader, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry, this is not another "does this guy like me" type of threads. I just would like to know if a close friend of mine was gay, like, that would be really cool! And... Maybe we could eventually go out (but that's not the main goal). I'm gonna try to be relatively short, relatively... Ok anyways, I'm a sophomore in HS and got to a very conservative school. Like, only 15-20 people are out of the closet (the school has about 1,200 people). I've had suspicions about this friend in my main friend group for a long time. Recently, we've became close friends so he feels really comfortable around me.
    In core/flex (30 minutes for students who are failing to catch up, and students who aren't to do whatever they want) my friend has been acting really gay in our group of friends. He's kind if absent minded, and one time he said "I'm gay... I mean not gay!" He tried to pass it off as a joke, but I initially he wasn't laughing, just kind of spacing off. Now he treats it like a joke, but he says it way too often. He also just does a lot of gay things. For example, to annoy a friend (let's go with bob) he takes his milk carton at lunch while he was in the bathroom, looks at me, then partially sits on it. He then proceeded to gyrate on it kind of. I'm just like ok, this is getting too much. He does a lot of slightly gay things, but not this bad. Also, he always looks at me in an expectant sort of way before he does anything gay. I think he might have a feeling I'm gay (cause I can act it a lot too).Our friend circle has a private FB chat. On there my maybe gay friend not always, just sometimes (when he does try he really tries) seems to try to direct the topic of the convo to homosexuality. In some ways, like "hey guys, I'm gay, I mean not gay!" Or by just talking about his butt hurt after sex with so and so.
    He's a varsity cross country runner, and gets da girls attention. He got a date with someone on the team and it was literally the most awkward relationship I have EVER seen. After the first week, he tried to avoid her cause she was too clingy... She was not, they only hung out during lunch and core/flex at school. Not even everyday for core/flex. And then the second week he says he is going to break up with her, and he does. He then tells me he only dated her cause homecoming was soon, and he wanted a date. Afterwards he was just like f homecoming (in a joking way). Talking about homecoming, somehow I got nominated to be one of the nominees for homecoming runner up or whatever it's called for sophomores. There are three nominees, and whoever gets the most votes takes the title. I'm not even dating anyone, much less GOING. I've told people to not vote for me, but then a lot if my friends already told people to vote for me. So if I win would I just tell the office that I'm not going? Thanks.
    Anyways, can anyone give me any guidance on if he is possibly gay? My gay far is on full on constant beep, but I can't be 100% sure. Also, if you think he is, how should I go about talking to him about it? Thanks EC!

2. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry, but bump.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you think he is (especially if you like him), either talk to him about it or test the waters by doing gay things back (like touching, talking on particular topics etc.) He might just be joking, or he could actually be gay and coming to terms with it (this might be his undercover way of coming out slowly...)

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your profile says you're out to three people. Does this guy know? Why don't you meet with him in private?

5. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh now it's actually 5, I really need to update it. Yeah, I could just come out to him, but I'm going to wait for a while... I just want to make sure the circumstances are safe.

6. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm coming out to him on Tuesday in person. I want to make sure there is no evidence, just in case worst comes to worst. It's either gonna be really good or really bad. Hopefully it's gonna go good!

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck!
    Keep us updated on how it goes :grin: