1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think your family/friends suspects you're gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lil boi, Oct 18, 2013.

1. lil boi

I don't think my parents ever suspected I was gay before I told them. Even when I told them and up to right now I don't think they even suspect I am gay. And with friends, they are too thickheaded to suspect a thing like that. Only one person ever suspected I was gay/bi and it was because she was bi as well.

Anyways, has anyone ever suspected you were gay (or at least bi)?

2. Cerith23

My mum thought I was a lesbian, which shocked me a little (she told me when I came out). I'm pretty sure my dad thought I was bi-curious. My friends all seem completely oblivious, despite that I flirt non-stop with a couple of them... I come off as pretty straight apparently. Only one friend, back when she first met me and I flirted with her a little, asked if I was gay. :slight_smile:

3. Sitri

Maybe. I have caught one of my friends talking about how I am obviously gay and I should just come out as I am not fooling anybody, but I know him well enough to know that he does a ton of baseless speculation about everybody behind their back. I have been asked for a "guy's opinion " and if I was obviously gay I probably wouldn't be asked that. Another time at lunch a friend of mine asked some people sitting around him if he looked more attractive with or without his glasses, a conversation from which I was conspicuously absent. Maybe he suspected I may not have been entirely straight and was worried I would get too into it, or maybe he was just his usual oblivious self. So, in summary, one friend did (but he also suspected that one of his teachers was drunk every day so he may not be reliable) some people definitely don't and a few might.

4. SilentCreatures

For me - no one at all. In fact - when I did come out it really shocked them in a big way. It really caught them from left field. Everyone is different though :slight_smile:

5. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A lot of people have assumed that I'm gay, mostly acquaintances and friends, even though I've always declared myself to be straight.

It's rare that anyone openly asks me about my sexuality. It usually starts with someone sidling up to me and asking me about my last relationship or if I'm currently seeing anyone, carefully avoiding certain pronouns.

I didn't used to think anything of it, I thought they were just taking an interest in me but now I find it really embarrassing.

6. Hrantou

The last one I haven't told is my sister. She's not dumb and usually very observant, so I'm sure she guesses I'm gay, but doesn't want to admit it since she's a little homophobic and her husband is a huge homophobe, so I think she's just avoiding it until I tell her.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had all sorts of people asking me if I'm gay. Even strangers. They say it in an insulting way. I just ignore them to be honest.

8. BiPenguin

One of my brothers doesn't suspect I like boys. When we were both teens, he came home and walked in on me while doing the deed. LOL

9. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think my parents know, especially my mother.. they asked me once a few years ago and I denied it crying however as im becoming more and more accepting of myself I hope to tell them soon.. they will randomly go thru phases where they tell me they will love me no matter what so I think they know but im still not ready lol

10. NouvelleVague

When I told my dad, he said he knew...
    One time, I was back in Belgium for a couple of weeks, and as we were driving home,
    my mum was telling a story to me, my friends and dad about our cat hanging around with another male cat, and I just went like '...Hm, don't worry, out cat's secretly gay!'. He said he figured it all out that day.
    Truth is, I didn't even know I was gay. I buried these thoughts deep down one day, some years ago when my dad said 'Do you like girls ?" and I said no. He didn't mean wrong. But he knew all along... Damn. Then a friend of mine said she knew the first day she saw me.

I think that's pretty cool they guessed before me.
    I feel even more accepted!