1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing and Complicated Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by drosewood67, Oct 19, 2013.

1. drosewood67

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why is he so confusing?

Hi, there...I need some advice and/or help. I'm having some...issues at school.
    This might get long, so I'll try to get to the point...
    So, there's this guy at my school that I am totally crushing over. (For now, let's call him S). We have been friends for about 3 years. I didn't like him at first, and I didn't even find him attractive until about a year and a half ago.
    I have been questioning whether he is gay or not for a while…he sometimes calls me sweetie and honey and sometimes makes kissing motions/blows a kiss to me when we see each other …but to be honest I think he’s done that to everybody. I guess it doesn’t mean anything, but…

I usually try not to talk to him or even look at him because I’ll blush (at least that’s what my friend told me) and I’ll act all nervous around him.

However, one thing that makes me doubt this is that he has a girlfriend. I’ve seen him in photos with many girls, as well as his homecoming date. I see that, yet on his profile on Facebook it says he’s “married” to this guy I know (I assume it’s supposed to be a joke, I mean, like, that other guy is for sure straight). Though still, he does things that make him seem gay or whatever. He also “plays” around with me and my feelings. Whenever we see each other in the halls or in the cafeteria and whatnot, he smiles at me this devilish smile…er…rather seductive smile. It gets awkward because when I look at him, he looks at me and we just keep looking back and forth and even when I try not to look through the corner of my eye, I can still see him, though…ugh…
    He winks at me, too, (he sure did a lot of that during the summer!) and sometimes he says I look really pretty and/or beautiful. This one time I swear when I was at a faraway table at lunch and he was like, near the windows or something, I swear he mouthed the words “I love you”. He also smiles whenever he sees me… I also remember last Valentine's Day, I was going to give him a present: chocolates and a poem of some sort. I was too afraid to give it to him, and when he saw me carrying it around, he asked who it was for. I said, "Uh, a friend" and he said, "Oh, who's that friend? (with that seductive smile)" and I said, "Just...just a friend, a, uh, really nice and sweet friend...somewhere...I have to go" and he said, "Oh, Ok then. Though, I'd love to know who it's for, though. (again, with that smile). I ended up chickening out and giving it to one of my sister's friends. She loved it, and I'm glad she did, but I would've loved to have given it to S, though.

I don’t know what on Earth what kind of game he’s trying to pull. What do you think? I am just really confused...

~Dallas
    :help:

#1 drosewood67, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. Confused1717

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the best way to find out is talking to him. Don't ask if he's gay or not just tell him that you kinda like him and you needed to get it out, because it sounds like you do. Don't be scared, I don't think he'll be offended. He sounds extremely gay friendly, if not gay himself so I don't think he'll punch in the face or make fun of you if you open up to him. In my story, (the tread after yours) I told the guy I was crushing on the truth and even tho I didn't get what I wanted I do feel better for having told him how I felt. Don't suffer before you talk to him tho, you owe it to yourself.