1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did this happen??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About 3 weeks ago I found out that one of my best friends who I trusted with my life and he was the first person that I came out to had told two of the last people I wanted to know that I am gay. If he had done this 3 weeks ago then I wouldn't have cared because I came out to my parents so I didn't really care who knew at that point, but he told them last year between 1 day and 3 months of me trusting him with my biggest secret. Te worst part is that I recently found out that those 2 people were not the only people he told. Me being gay was actually a well known fact by pretty much everyone in my high school of like 350 people (total not per class). I couldn't believe it so I confronted him about it, already having asked one of the original two if the whole thing was true (which it was), and he lied to me saying it wasn't true. I even told him how I know it is true and he kept denying it I couldn't believe it. I don't understand what he gets out if lying to me about this. I don't know what I'm trying to get out of posting this on here I just wanted to get more people's opinion I guess.

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he admits and is sorry then I would forgive him. Often straight people don't understand that it needs to be a secret. But if he doesn't then I wouldn't forgive him.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, knowing someone is gay is a very attractive piece of information that many people can't avoid gossiping about, especially teenagers. But, it does hurt when someone shares a very personal secret like this, especially when they lie about it. In that case, you should just present the facts and ask him how else could other people have known you're gay except through him. If he continues to deny it, then you should call him out and tell him you can't trust him to be a true friend anymore.

Also, since now everyone knows, all you can do is stand up straight and don't let anyone bully you about this. Find friends who are accepting of you and more trustworthy. You only have a few more years and you'll be in college, where you'll find a new set of friends and people will be more tolerant.