1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if he is playing games or is just hurt by me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BearLover, Oct 20, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    As most of people know here, I like older bears.

I have this guy at work that likes me and I like him too. We have put each other through a lot of pain because we are in a love/hate potential relationship. At first he was much closer to me and wasn't scared to approach me by touching my hips, holding my shoulders, putting his hand on my back, licking his lips and asking me to hold his hand as if it were just a friendship thing.

He still does somethings now but he has backed away quite a bit, I know he gets upset and he ignores when I lick my lips at him now. We did keep on licking our lips at each other, it is obvious that he wants me but I think he is fed up of us not being able to be with each other. This seems like it is going nowhere, we always give each other signs to how much we like each other but we don't ever say "I love you.", I think he is scared to tell me that he loves me. He usually says something under his breath, the other day he said "you're a handsome young lad." but it was quiet as if he wanted me to be unsure of what he was saying. He asked if I thought he was handsome, I said yes and then he said he didn't blame me but still nothing happened.

Apparently old men usually play games but I'm not sure if he is, everytime he gets upset with me is when I decide to ignore him. When he flips out at me one day, I will ignore him the next and he knows he's done something wrong. I don't like being shouted at so ignoring him is my indication that I don't like it, he gets upset but does it again when we make up. The other week when I wouldn't talk to him, I could tell he was upset, he said "don't look at me, you know I don't like that.", he tries not to look at me but I know that he is thinking about me, I can tell where his focus is. He nearly breaks down in tears when he can see me looking at him in the corner of his eyes.

I want to tell him that I love him but we just can't seem to break that last bit of ice and be honest how we feel about each other. I asked him for a cuddle and he said "I don't do cuddles.", I lick my lips at him, sometimes he does it back, we're literally staring in each others eyes licking our lips but still he can't tell me he wants me, always making out their is nothing going on. He is gay in denial, so scared that he can't even tell me that he loves me.

#1 BearLover, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Californiacoast

Bearlover,

Gotta watch those workplace romances. Let me tell you from experience, they can get very complicated and seriously affect behavior...both work and personal. Are you guys doing all this lip smacking at work? If so, where? Have you been on a date?