1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to explain.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so my friend raven asked me the other day "are you bisexual? or are you just gay?"

and i told her I was gay and sometimes, i regret saying that because its so hard to explain how. you see, before, i had questioned my sexuality. all i did was date guys and what not and that confused a lot of people and I've been trying to think on how to word it.

my friend raven was like "didn't you date guys though?" and It's true i did and at the most, i dated them for 1-2 months.

Now, that i'm in a relationship with a girl, it kind of has opened my eyes. I'm happier ....When i look back on my relationship with guys, i just didn't feel anything and my sister said something to me the other day about my girlfriend that i think my explain why i always said yes to guys who asked me out.

she said "don't date someone because they like you or ask you out" ...she thinks, i did that with my girlfriend which isn't true. but it made me kind of look back and think that maybe, that's why i always said yes to them. because someone liked me and i liked the idea of that. I was never happy in my relationship, there was never anything there and now, i know that, im with a girl, i feel happier and i can be myself around her and i feel....normal for once, i feel normal.

with guys, I always tried to paint a perfect picture. I wanted to just something perfect in my mind because of what im guessing, i wasn't happy with what i had but it seemed, no matter what i did or who i dated, it wasn't enough

Has anyone been in this situation before? how did you explain?

there are things that i have left out that would make you think i'm bisexual ...Like...I told my sisters how these guys were cute and stuff and I can tell if a guy is attractive but i don't ever want to do anything with them.

I don't think, i'm bisexual because...i haven't really had a "crush" on a guy in 3 years and not to mention, those crushes ...weren't even really crushes....they just....I don't ....they weren't, i never got butterflies around them like i did with girls and such and my sexuality isn't fluid really. it is sometimes but not to the point where its major.

anyways, how do i explain in simple English for them?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, you could just tell her what you told us! It's perfectly clear. However, if you really need it boiled down to a simple sentence then perhaps something like

"When someone asked me out, I felt good but was never happy in a relationship. Now I AM happy!"

You seem perfectly clear in your mind what you want to get through to them, you just need to stress that while you dated guys in the past it never felt right. But this DOES feel right!

3. MerBear

thank you, i just am never good at putting things simply