1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uncle and gay cousin

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostyrs77, Oct 21, 2013.

1. lostyrs77

When I came out to my uncle he was very supportive and happy he was the first I told and could trust him to tell. I was closer to my uncle then his own son. Growing up he took me everywhere. He lives in Rehoboth known for a gay town. He is friends with many gay and lesbian business owners. I have met many and he is always out with them. I always question my uncles sexuality and thought he was Bi.

My cousin came out to me about 2 yrs ago. I told him how supportive his dad was. The two of them got closer before this. My cousin also thought because of his friendships with so many people he would not have a problem. So my cousin came out. Surprisingly my uncle was an ass. He would text me saying y cousins not gay. His friends influenced him. It's a phase. He needs to live his life. And blamed everyone for it. He also keeps saying he can't believe he chose this lifestyle . I was shocked and it made me rethink how he really felt. Even his closest friend who is a lesbian got mad. But he didn't realize how he sounded. I pretty much stopped talking to him and I don't think my cousin bothers with him either. My uncle text me but I don't text back. Why would somebody act and say those things when they have si many lgbt friends?

2. Ritor365

My guess -- and that's what it is, a guess -- would be that he's going through stage 2 of grief (Anger...and a bit of denial from the sounds of it). He probably DOES support the LGBT community, but is acting this way because he's afraid of what his son will have to go through.

Again, just a guess :/