1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I in love with my best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jcat, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I met my best friend last September at the beginning of the school year. Since then we have gotten really close and we tell each other everything. We're the type of friends who joke around, play-fight and insult each other but never ever mean it, and we've never seriously hurt each other. Recently we've been tickling and getting really close and I'm starting to think I am in love with her. She is honestly the most beautiful girl ever and it's so hard to explain. Her personality is amazing and I think she is just perfect.

Am I in love with her? :help:

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the same situation as you. I've never been in love before so I don't know what to tell you exactly but is your best friend bi, gay, or straight? You should tell her that is if you firmly believe that if you tell her and the feelings aren't mutual it won't mess up your friendship. Ugh it sucks having feels for your best friend. I wish there was more advice I could offer you but good luck with everything.

3. Rivers

I fell in love with one of my closest friends once. She seemed so perfect and wonderful to me in every way. She seemed to be interested me, and sent me a lot of mixed signals (she held my hand a lot, and we did lots of cutesy stuff together). It got to the point that my other friends seemed convinced that we were dating. I confessed my feelings for her, and that really freaked her out. She started avoiding me, but continued saying that we were friends. That made me kind of frustrated because she was so purposely trying to avoid me, yet claimed that our friendship was still intact. She accused me of being touchy feely, and stopped talking to me altogether. My roommate had warned me from the start not to get my hopes up because I wasn't sure if she liked girls.... I wholly regret not taking my roommate's advice, and so, I pass it on to you. Make sure that your best friend is actually capable of liking you back first.