1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by vinznitintin27, Oct 21, 2013.

1. vinznitintin27

Floating around the internet. City of Angels
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yup, a big word in the game of life and I need some advice. The post might be a little long, please stay with me.

Ok, so about 6 and a half years ago I met a very special girl while we were in college. My whole world went upside down. It was like I'd never talked to a girl before. She was my straight crush. After two years of being friends and drinking buddies the feelings started to creep on in. And at first, I was so anxious that it was just me that I failed to see she had feelings for me. :bang: So one January night while I was drinking myself into oblivion alone at home texting friends for advice she comes over and plants one right on me. And the rest is pretty much history. Only one problem, I had to come back to the US of A and she was in the Philippines.

Long distance relationship and 4 and a half years later she and I have gone through VERY rocky times and yet we're still here. I had popped the question 2 years prior because it's just one of those things you just know. You know she's THE ONE.

Then 4 months ago in June, the Supreme Court made their ruling on what she and I had been praying for...DOMA and PROP 8 were dead. But more importantly DOMA was gone. That meant federal laws regarding marriage and immigration were going to be changed. That being said I went to an immigration atty for advice. K1 (Fiancee Visa) just like Google had told me.

And if you guys are wondering while I haven't mentioned our families in all of this well...our parents are the most open people on Earth. And while I love our parents I honestly don't know how to say....well, we're getting married. How and why? K1 fiancee visa right? So you petition for the person..about 5-7 months later they get approved to come here provided you PROVE your relationship is LEGIT. Once here, you NEED to get married within 90 days. I mean our parents both know about us but it's just one of those topics that are categorized as 'let's not talk about this again.' I honestly think my parents have accepted through denial. But how do I even start a conversation that involves me saying I'm moving out because I'm getting my FEMALE fiancee here who they don't ask about or talk about then I have to say that because of the visa we have to get married in 90 days once she arrives?

It is honestly killing me because IDK. I'm nervous and scared of the rejection that might happen. I mean I don't want to later on come crawling back to the 'nest' because things didn't work out and I certainly don't want them thinking that I'm being a lesbian to hurt them.

I think the post is LOOOOONG. Sorry, I couldn't resist giving a back story. Any advice would be much much appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!