1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to ever tell if a girl is gay, or where to find one.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mdelia, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mdelia

I fall for different girls over and over, but i'm not really out or even sure that i'm bisexual or gay. i've always fallen for girls though. i'm just waiting to find one i can flirt with, and then we'll click, and be together. i've tried to get straight girls to fall for me, or to fall in love with me, and it never works. i can't find a girl that would ever be with me, and i don't know where to look. i want to be with a girl.

2. pocketrush

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just go to a gay bar. Im sure you wont have any trouble. You are reallyyy cute :slight_smile:

3. fortheloveoflez

Honestly, the dating pool is a lot tighter for us sapphic goddesses (my cool way of saying lesbians) than it is for the ladies who dig guys. It was not hard for me to get a guy's attention but getting a girl friend that you like...well that's the harder goal.

My suggestion for you would be to use dating sites and sites that are kind of gay-oriented. Also, go to a gay bar but then...I think that can be difficult with all the straight girls that go there....so maybe it might be better to find some lgbt space.

To be honest...I'm still struggling to find that special woman :\

Hang in there!

4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should look what the LGBTQ community has to offer in your area. Most of the time you can probably find support groups, GSA's, and even probably some centers. As for telling if a girl is gay I wouldn't be able to tell you since I can never really tell myself. I guess you can just pay attention to body language and eye contact and go from there. Oh and pocketrush is right you are cute.

#4 angel626, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  5. mdelia

thats the first place i'm going to go once i'm 21. but isn't that impossible, being 18?
    thank you by the way!

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2013 at 07:05 PM ----------

well thankkkss, you're so sweet. i want to go to gay bars, but i'm only 18. i dont know what theyre like. and i dont know who i'd ever go with. i want to go, though. i just want to find one, who i am actually attracted to, that lives near me.

but as you are experiencing as well, it's very difficult haha.. :dry:

by the way, you're just adorable!:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2013 at 07:09 PM ----------

How should i go about finding these local groups? Local is what I want so badllyyy. I do go to a community college, i don't know if they would have a group there...? I also haven't ever told anybody. ahh! haha.

I guess you're right, there really isn't a way to tell. I think i knew that, it's just nice to imagine that there's a way to just know if another person wants to be with you too.

and thank ya by zeee way. [:

#5 mdelia, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  6. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha yeah I think what most people want is a gaydar; I know I want one. Google is your best bet for right now and you can go to your colleges website to search up LGBT related clubs. Don't worry there will be a time when you get to be fully out and proud. It takes time and can be a very scary process but at least you know that you are not alone. People here on EC are very helpful and friendly so whatever advice you need just know that there will always be at least one of us on here more than willing to offer some words of advice and encouragement.

7. fortheloveoflez

Commenting on the "you're just adorable" comment

Funny, I was thinking the same but about you when I was answering the question :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Kane

have you tried twitter? connect with some random LGBT and find local friends through them. thats how I met my girlfriend:slight_smile:

9. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may sound stupid, but try online dating. A year ago I was in the same boat as you. I decided to write an 'about-me' on the website of a gay magazine that had a dating-section on the site (it was free by the way). You couldn't post pictures but I was looking for someone with whom I would mentally click. And I have gotten so many reactions that I didn't know what to do! After a week of mailing girls there was one girl that I found very interesting and we shared photos, facebookprofiles and phone numbers. That's when I found out she looked very cute! We met up, and now we've been dating for a year. It was a Dutch website, but I'm 100% sure that there are English versions available. Just be careful on those websites! There are of course always people with ill intentions.

I am going to uni and I have searched for gay-friendly students' unions. Now I've joined one and I've met a lot of gay people. That's also a great option!

Good luck, it sucks because dating guys is so much easier. I've been asked out by many guys along the road. I wish us lesbians/bisexuals could distinguish each other flawlessly, no matter what :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that would make things a lot easier.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in the same boat looking for a girlfriend but can't find one