1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush Dilema

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theskyiseverywhere, Oct 21, 2013.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you have seen any of my previous posts, I have been mostly talking about my crush. So anyway, I'm not out of the closet to anyone. He is openly gay. I know that if I was gay, he would date me. I am so in love with him. But guess what, I'm living in republican Texas where LGBT people are worth about as much as a sack of potatoes. Actually, worse, because potatoes don't deal with idiotic homophobes. So I'm not ready to come out yet, but I am worried I am risking a future relationship. Help me?

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes letting go and telling the world to eat shit is scary but when your doing it for someone you like it become less frightening. I would come running out the closet if I knew I had the chance to date someone I had strong feelings for. Then again I'm a hopeless romantic. Be proud of who you are and just ask your self are you going to be ok asking yourself "what if" the rest of your life.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, when you are with someone who you trust and love, none of that homophobia matters.

4. olides84

Why not just come out to him only, and let him know that you aren't ready to be totally open? Do you not think he will respect that? Once you (hopefully) start dating, you can see where it takes you and then you might want to come out to more people.

Oh and your other thread... it's gotta be killing him to hear you ask if he would date you if you were gay. There's heaps of threads here from people who are so crushed since they aren't able to date their "straight" friends. You need to do something! :slight_smile:

5. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all so much. You have just changed my plans for coming out by years. Thank you!

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:08 PM ----------

Thank you! That 1 sentence will help me come out:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:09 PM ----------

Exactly! Thank you so much! :kiss: