1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may be misleading a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dsbiodude, Oct 22, 2013.

1. dsbiodude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There was a girl in my class that I used to have a crush on,and I always used to look at her when she couldn't see me. And NO: I'm not a pervert, it was just something I did. Recently, I found out I was gay, and I figured out I was using her as a way to deny my orientation because homosexuality is kinda disdained in my state. I think she knew I liked her recently after I figured my orientation out. I think she thinks I still like her and tell her friends that I like her (I'm kind of a geek in my school). I don't want her to think that I like her, but I don't what to tell her I'm gay. What do I do?

2. MichaelB

Make it obvious that you've moved on? I mean, it's not unreasonable. It's not uncommon for people to move on from crushes; it doesn't automatically lead to 'omg he doesn't like me anymore, he's clearly gay'.

You've probably stopped starring but yeah, just don't do anything obviously flirty. Be nice to her, but I would stop initiating contact for a while until she gets the message.

3. dsbiodude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you SO much for the advice!